Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Door panel removal in 07 accord

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:54 PM
combsone
Unregistered
Default Door panel removal in 07 accord

Does anyone know how to do this? I don't wanna mess up my panel like I did my old explorer. I might install some dls components or just have someone do it. Thanks.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Door panel removal in 07 accord

Its very simple, first start of by pulling out the rubber bottom in the hand grip. There is a screw under there, take it out. Then behind the door handle there is little plastic piece, take it out there is another screw behind it. Once you have that done grab a panel puller or a big flat head and pry the edges of the door panel starting from the bottom and make your way up along the sides. Once all the clips are released pull the door panel up of the ledge its resting on. Then to remove the cable that goes to the back of the door handle, don't try and pry the plastic clip out of the handle. (I did and broke the clip, I had to order a new door handle from honda just to get that little clip). You have to pull the cable out of the plastic clip, to do this pull up on the little tab(Tap furthest from where the clip goes into the handle), and the cable will pop out of the clip. Once you have it off you will see what I am talking about. I hope this helps, I can be really bad at explaining things [sm=imsorry.gif]

Old 06-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Do you have to remove the front door panel? Can you just remove the stock grille?

Old 06-04-2008, 05:07 AM

You can not remove the grille.
You also have to remove the window/lock control panel by either carefully prying it out from the front, or as I do, remove the door panel, by the above steps, then reach behind the panel and carefully push it up and out of the arm rest. Remove the wiring harness from the bottom of the panel. Also remove the bottom panel light and wire.

I bought the Haynes book at the local AutoZone for $20. It has everything you need to know about the Accord with good descriptions/instructions and decent photos...the paper quality is not the greatest so the photos are not as good as they can be.