Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Factory Deck on a aftermarket system?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 06:00 AM
Default RE: Factory Deck on a aftermarket system?

hey rick why did you disconnect the factory tweets? and where do those wires run behind the amplifier because i might steal that idea to put an amp in that location
I paid for the installation so I don't know where they actually ran the wires. Four are to the speakers and I'm assuming that all power runs down the drivers side.

When a JL Audio Clean Sweep is used the OEM head unit volume control is themasterand the remote (near e-brake) is the one you use daily. With the tweeters still hooked up to the OEM head overall volume was out of sync and it was trying to pass a full signal to the tweeters. Turn down the remote volumeand the tweets were stillplaying and sounded like noise not music. The shop that did the work disconnected them at no charge when I pointed out the problem. No fidelity was lost and now I don't have to turn down both volume controls. The OEM stays at 1/2 -3/4 and the remote controls all speakers.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:13 PM
ImmyG
Unregistered

looks like a bit of a nightmare! lol is it that much harder than installing any other head unit or is it really difficult accessing all of the wires etc

Old 09-09-2007, 06:40 PM

Do anyone know how a single deck In-Dash Dvd player would look if it was install like Mac's Alpine headunit? Do you think it would hit the Ac mode buttoms or would it just cover them?
Thanks!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:55 PM

ORIGINAL: ImmyG

looks like a bit of a nightmare! lol is it that much harder than installing any other head unit or is it really difficult accessing all of the wires etc
The hardest part was getting the stupid storage bin out. After that, Crutchfield gives you a manual with all the wire colors on them. Unless youre color blind, its a snap.

Do anyone know how a single deck In-Dash Dvd player would look if it was install like Mac's Alpine headunit? Do you think it would hit the Ac mode buttoms or would it just cover them?
Thanks!
It will cover them. Actually from what Ive heard it wont open up properly at all. For something like that youd probably have to go with the kit that replaces the factory HVAC controls.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:09 AM

i know ive had that same problem with the freakin storage bin. no matter how many times ive checked to make sure ive unscrewed it, it felt like it was caught on something.

yeah the dvd player wont wont all the way unless you let it stick out like 2 inches. which can be a good thing if youre creative and somehow make it looks like you did it on purpose.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:56 AM

Thanks for the Info. guys. Sigh! I don't really want to spend $180 for the install kit. Plus I heard that the Ac mode does not react as fast as the OEM. Is this true? There is some sort of delay?

Old 09-10-2007, 07:35 PM

Ive heard a couple bad things about that kit. Things like the lights not working, the ***** not working right. I dunno. It doesnt look very sturdy to me.