Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Front speaker instalation

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Post Front speaker instalation

How do you take off the door panel on a 2000 accord? I popped out the bottom half and I don't want to mess up the top part

Old 12-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The door panel is two separate panels? Never experienced anything like that. The top part of the door panel is usually just resting on the top ledge of the door frame. So once all the clips are loose, try simply pulling up on the panel. Becareful though, once off the frame, the door handle is still attached to a cable. You need to get behind the panel and unclip the cable before you can fully remove the panel.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies

its one piece i got the bottom part loose but not the top

Old 12-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Ok then, make sure you've gotten all the clips loose, there are some on the sides as well. Once all the clips are loose the bottom of the panel should be free. Now take the panel and lift it straight up off the door frame, it should come off with no resistance. If there is resistance be careful and just get it off, it will lift right off the door frame. Like I said before, once it is off the door frame be careful as there is a cable attached to the door handle on the panel. Once you unclip the cable from the handle it's free to go.

Don't forget to pull out and unplug the window, mirror, and lock controls before you do anything. Also there should be a couple screws hidden behind a panel or two you have to remove as well. Can't remember pulling a door off a 6th gen, so maybe look up some more specific instructions.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by t00fatt
Ok then, make sure you've gotten all the clips loose, there are some on the sides as well. Once all the clips are loose the bottom of the panel should be free. Now take the panel and lift it straight up off the door frame, it should come off with no resistance. If there is resistance be careful and just get it off, it will lift right off the door frame. Like I said before, once it is off the door frame be careful as there is a cable attached to the door handle on the panel. Once you unclip the cable from the handle it's free to go.

Don't forget to pull out and unplug the window, mirror, and lock controls before you do anything. Also there should be a couple screws hidden behind a panel or two you have to remove as well. Can't remember pulling a door off a 6th gen, so maybe look up some more specific instructions.

Never taken a door panel off of a 6th gen, either, but some advice. I've taken panels off of some cars and you have to get the hidden screw/screws around the door handle.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I'm going to put my speakes in some time this week I'll let you know how it goes

Old 12-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

there are screws holding the top in place. one at the door handle, then remove the door handle cup by sliding it forward, then remove the latch bar. another screw in the door handle pocket, insert a small jewlers screw driver in the small gap to pop the cover open (like at door handle), remove screw. lift out window controls and remove harnesses. remove small sail panel cover (clips). remove round plastic clip near upper door hinge. once loose, remove courtesy lamp from holder.

note, once the window controls are disconnected, you lose power windows and locks. you can reconnect them and screw the whole control piece back on the door support temporarily.