Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Honda Accord 07 LX, connecting ipod

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Default Honda Accord 07 LX, connecting ipod

i am now the owner of a Honda Accord 07 LX edition, which is pretty much basic everything. Anyways i was looking to connect my ipod, hopefully via a IPOD usb since aux kinda of kills the quality? anyhow, heres a pic of my dash:

(theres no cd changer on this or aux output)

also, no navigation buttons on the steering wheel so if i decide to go with a new stereo no worries for button playback stuff...

So i looked some convertors and they all range from 100~150$
would it be better in your opinion to just go with a better stereo? all im looking for is pretty much ipodUSB connector, navigation through stereo be cool.. that sort of stuff. thoughts?

and what kind of stereo do ineed to look up if i want to just change the whole thing all together? sorry very new to this

Old 03-21-2012, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Metra has a kit that replaces the factory stereo, but it too is expensive since it has to include A/C controls. generally, a new head unit is your best bet for USB and iPod control. Navi is likely to be out of your price range so don't worry about that, a stand alone unit is usually superior anyway.

you can consider an iPod interface or AUX input, but it will not include USB functionality.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
Metra has a kit that replaces the factory stereo, but it too is expensive since it has to include A/C controls. generally, a new head unit is your best bet for USB and iPod control. Navi is likely to be out of your price range so don't worry about that, a stand alone unit is usually superior anyway.

you can consider an iPod interface or AUX input, but it will not include USB functionality.
a new headunit would keep the stereo right? can you link me some stereos, or least something to google with, navi is too genereal to search haha. pleease link!

i thought about the aux interface, but the stereo it self is just too basic so its just not worth the money.

thank youu!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 PM

so i searched up some stuff, would a new head unit be installed on the factory unit or beneath it? and will it have the A/C controls..ect? i have no navigation on my steering wheel so no worries there