huge static noise after audio install - Page 3 - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

ah, you need to intercept the factory speaker wiring at the amp output, not the head unit. the head unit harness feeds the factory amp.

in an earlier picture, you had the head unit tied into the harness. what did you do with the head unit output wiring? if they short out, it will cause noise.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies

here is an update of what I did with pictures

the tools that I used for the wires. after I clamped them, tried forcing them out, none came out so I did good
on the very right side is ASWC-1, on the down side of picture is Pioneer Radio Harness, on very left silver harness is the aftermarket bypass, very top is antenna
right side of the car how I passed the speaker wire
there 2 important clips here on the very low and very top left that we need to be careful with when we take it out

left door passing wire through factory cables
so it turned out to be so much easier to pass the wires than I thought. waiting for these to come in:
Amazon Amazon
Old 06-13-2018, 12:19 PM
Newest Of Newbies

hi guys,
update on the situation:
new speakers came in, put them in, all works good, no static. I guess the problem was that they were passing through the factory amp and that's why the issue happened. however, my ground cable on both places is 100% good but when the car is running I hear the squeaky noise. also when accelerating. I know that by default this means bad ground - question is, if it's not the ground what else could it be? if ground is the only thing, then I'll redo it again even though it's good. thanks
Old 06-16-2018, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

thanks for the update. the factory amp makes sense. nice work.

the remaining noise is likely due to the Pioneer HU and grounding the RCA jacks at the head unit should solve this. we call this "alternator whine".
Old 06-16-2018, 01:03 PM
Newest Of Newbies

hi,
another update. the amp I currently have was in my last 2000 Accord. I was in a car accident and and one of the RCA in the amp was damaged. Thinking if this could cause the issue because when the amp has 4 RCA plugged in, everything is fine, when I plug all 6 noise starts. Wanted to order exact same amp and test to prove if my amp is the problem or not. Didn't have the same one so I ordered this: Lanzar HTG888 5000 Watt 8-Channel MOSFET Amplifier at Onlinecarstereo.com

It will arrive tomorrow. Will test and report back. In the mean time, if you have ideas, please let me know.

p.s. another thing I tried is I took my old Pioneer and plugged in everything, same issue. That's why I thought it could be from the amp and since I don't have anyone to land me an amp to test, I ordered one.

UPDATE: 6/17/18
just tested with new amp - noise is gone. tested on ignition and running car. was pumping the gas - no noise, all gains on minimum, radio on VOL 0 through USB. will mount the amp now since it's confirmed that it's working, will figure out the best way for the tweeters and will wrap up the project. Only issue I have now is I can't use my steering wheel even though I updated the ASWC. please tell me how to set it up. thanks

Last edited by dohcvtec; 06-17-2018 at 04:42 PM.