Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Ipod adapter question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:44 PM

The only issue for me is sometimes the display lags and shows the old song rather than the new song(fixed normally after time or by turning off the radio then back on)

I ran the wire through the cubby the hole(3/8" was perfect but to put 2 wires I had to make a small hole to the right so i could put the wire there then push the second wire through) is located so you are looking into it, it is in the top right corner so only i see it not the passenger. Instead of using a gromet i just used my knife to round out the edges.

All things still work n sound great. Fm is the same. Your previous post says it only says Xm ch 001, if you hit the display button on your radio it will change so you can see that or band name, song name, play time, or channel name.

I only taped the white n red connections on the second cable cus im not usin them only using the stereo jack for my blackberry to play pandora n the ipod cable. Ill take some pics, brb lol.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:53 PM

I may end up puttin a gromet on it so it looks cleaner
Name:  IMG_0004.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  68.7 KB

The two cables pulled out, also forgot but I did also tape the extra ipod cable length.
Name:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  101.6 KB

Old 06-13-2011, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by barticus520
The only issue for me is sometimes the display lags and shows the old song rather than the new song(fixed normally after time or by turning off the radio then back on)

I ran the wire through the cubby the hole(3/8" was perfect but to put 2 wires I had to make a small hole to the right so i could put the wire there then push the second wire through) is located so you are looking into it, it is in the top right corner so only i see it not the passenger. Instead of using a gromet i just used my knife to round out the edges.

All things still work n sound great. Fm is the same. Your previous post says it only says Xm ch 001, if you hit the display button on your radio it will change so you can see that or band name, song name, play time, or channel name.

I only taped the white n red connections on the second cable cus im not usin them only using the stereo jack for my blackberry to play pandora n the ipod cable. Ill take some pics, brb lol.
Thanks for posting your updates. I can't believe I didn't try the display button, thanks! I still haven't gotten a drill to run the wires properly, but it works ok for the time being. I think I'm going to drill the hole at the top of the cubby like you have to keep it out of site, but also so small objects don't fall into the car if the cubby gets cluttered.

I may also contact the company to see if we will need a firmware update when iOS 5 comes out. If we will, I think I will run a USB cord into the cubby as well so I don't need to take everything apart again in a few months.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:20 AM

Here's a tip for any users looking to do this installation. I was finishing up my own installation yesterday (drilling the hole in the cubby) and my father in law recommended that I tape some of the excess wire to itself inside the console. This way if I pull on the cable too hard I will get some resistance before I either dislodge the control unit or unplug the cable and have to take everything apart.

Also, I wasn't happy with the grommets I got at home depot (and $4 for the single grommet I need is crazy) so I'm going to return them today. I filed down the sharp plastic and don't expect it to do too much damage to the cables.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I had the same system installed with the bluetooth and it kicks ***. You can read my review below.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by chitownEX6
I had the same system installed with the bluetooth and it kicks ***. You can read my review below.
I saw this post yesterday and didn't know what you meant by below until today when I noticed your other thread on the subject.
Did this thread influence your decision to get the ISHD571? Would you have considered installing it yourself?

Old 07-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Yeah I didn't even read this thread up until a few days ago since it said Ipod on the title. Google was my friend and influence on this one. I do appreciate all the info on this board though.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies

check this one ,its cheap and honda oem NEW OEM HONDA APPLE IPOD I POD MUSIC LINK 2.0 AUDIO | eBay

Old 10-10-2011, 10:22 AM

Hey everyone, I just called pac-audio technical support and confirmed that the ISHD571 will NOT have any problems with iOS 5 which comes out later this week.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:38 PM

Thanks SSharon,

I take it you'd update this thread if the iOS5 caused problems with an existing install? I'm planning to order and install the ISHD571 on my 2004 Honda Accord during my Winter break.

Quick Reply: Ipod adapter question