Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Ipod adapter question

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by aces_dad
Thanks SSharon,

I take it you'd update this thread if the iOS5 caused problems with an existing install? I'm planning to order and install the ISHD571 on my 2004 Honda Accord during my Winter break.
Correct. So far I haven't noticed any problems.
Let me know if you have any questions about the ISHD571. Overall I'm happy with my purchase, but there are a few things that I would have liked to know before I purchased it. The main thing is that navigation is a pain and kind of laggy. I find myself unplugging my phone, navigating to the playlist I want and hitting play, and then plugging it back in to play on the speakers.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:37 AM

I completed the install a couple days ago and I agree, the XM display driven playlist navigation is really clunky. The other thing my wife noticed was that it seems to take longer for the radio/XM to initiate after starting the car, than it did before this was installed.

Well, I am happy to have the iPod interface and the install looks really clean. I guess it would take a factory stereo with an open port to plug into, to improve the intitialization time.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

thanks for the feedback. i agree the interfaces aren't ideal, and lag time is annoying.

but you have it working and with modifications such as these, the user needs to be patient and remember the times before this technology!

Old 01-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Default Ipod Connection to Sat Nav Models

Hi all,
First post!
Looking to buy an 2007 or 2008 Accord.
Like the idea of getting an EX with sat nav; is it possible to connect and control my ipod?
Any advice please?

Old 04-25-2012, 05:33 PM

Ricard0 not sure if you bought the car but 07 as far as I know would need something like what we installed but 08 might have an ipod connector stock.

Also update. Forgot to say but I updated the ISHD571 n with IOS5 the screen doesnt freeze up anymore. It used to play fine but freeze the display on a single song.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by glramos
check this one ,its cheap and honda oem NEW OEM HONDA APPLE IPOD I POD MUSIC LINK 2.0 AUDIO | eBay
glramos,

I also have a 2007 accord, have you tried this in your? If so how did it work out? Does your accord have navi? Mine does and I can't find anything about intalling one of these with the navi.

I'm asking because i got quoted today at $410 for installation of ipod integration with bluetooth, sounds insanely expensive for something that seems to be under $100 diy.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by tpuds
glramos,

I also have a 2007 accord, have you tried this in your? If so how did it work out? Does your accord have navi? Mine does and I can't find anything about intalling one of these with the navi.

I'm asking because i got quoted today at $410 for installation of ipod integration with bluetooth, sounds insanely expensive for something that seems to be under $100 diy.
i didn't get it yet for my 07 , i don't have navi or XM maybe this web will help you Honda Music Link for iPodŽ - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Old 12-24-2012, 01:35 PM

I want to get an iPod/iPhone adapter for my 2007 Accord EX V6 as well. I read the info in the link above but I'm not sure the adapter would work with my iPod Touch or my iPhone 4Gs. I read some reviews in Amazon about some of the adapters listed in this thread, and some people complained of the USB cord getting hot and failing.

I have experienced these issues before with my computer while trying to synch the iPod/iPhone. It appears that the earlier models of iPods/iPhones charged with less current than the newer ones. The older cables/chargers will definitely get hot and will not charge the iPhone/iPod. Also, the computer will generate an error message explaining the incompatibility.

I've done a number of installs in the past so I'm not unfamiliar with these projects. However, i don't want to mess around and dismantle my car only to find out later that the device wont perform... Also, I don't like the clunky controls that ppl speak about. I had experience with that in an early Alpine HU and hated it. BTW, it also would not support the charging for the iPhone... I'm surprised it's so hard to get a device to get this usability. I bought an Alpine HU for my old Miata from Crutchfield for around $120 and it works great with the iPod/iPhone and even gets Pandora! These older cars really suck in this respect because the way the factory radios are made

It's a shame really, I don't want to hack my car that I just got. It's a pristine '07 Accord EX V6 sedan with less than 9K miles

Last edited by silver07exv; 12-24-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by silver07exv
I want to get an iPod/iPhone adapter for my 2007 Accord EX V6 as well. I read the info in the link above but I'm not sure the adapter would work with my iPod Touch or my iPhone 4Gs. I read some reviews in Amazon about some of the adapters listed in this thread, and some people complained of the USB cord getting hot and failing.

I have experienced these issues before with my computer while trying to synch the iPod/iPhone. It appears that the earlier models of iPods/iPhones charged with less current than the newer ones. The older cables/chargers will definitely get hot and will not charge the iPhone/iPod. Also, the computer will generate an error message explaining the incompatibility.

I've done a number of installs in the past so I'm not unfamiliar with these projects. However, i don't want to mess around and dismantle my car only to find out later that the device wont perform... Also, I don't like the clunky controls that ppl speak about. I had experience with that in an early Alpine HU and hated it. BTW, it also would not support the charging for the iPhone... I'm surprised it's so hard to get a device to get this usability. I bought an Alpine HU for my old Miata from Crutchfield for around $120 and it works great with the iPod/iPhone and even gets Pandora! These older cars really suck in this respect because the way the factory radios are made

It's a shame really, I don't want to hack my car that I just got. It's a pristine '07 Accord EX V6 sedan with less than 9K miles
Sounds like a sweet car.

So I have some updates about the adapter I installed.

1) I pressed some button combination on my dash and now the display reads "AUX 1" instead of "NO IPOD CONNECTED" or the Track name, etc. The good news is that when the car dash says Aux I can navigate the phone normally instead of through the clunky interface. The bad news is that I liked when it displayed the track name or time on the main display.

2) The 30 pin docking cable has started to come apart. I haven't even bothered to contact the manufacturer as I really don't want to have to take apart the entire dash to swap it out with a new cable. Maybe if I get an iPhone 5 with the new connecter I will buy the adapter and tape them together.

I haven't ever noticed the cable getting warm even when using the phone for a few hours straight on a long drive.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:45 PM

So only update for my adapter,

1. the 3.5mm jack somehow got scratched up and doesnt work anymore.

It has been a great update for the car. Just wish the menu was easier to use.

Quick Reply: Ipod adapter question