Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

iPod shuffle

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:50 PM
N. Randolph
Unregistered
Unhappy iPod shuffle

I have a brand new 2009 Accord EX-L, with AM/FM/CD/XM. I also have a 2d generation iPod Shuffle, which I would like to listen to in the car. The Honda salesman said it would be no problem, and indeed, the manual just says to plug in the proper connector to the AUX outlet in the console and select AUX. The Apple store salesman sold me a Belkin connector -- don't know the actual name/model -- one end of which plugs into the iPod and the other into the AUX outlet. The plugs at each end are identical (as far as I can tell).

When I plug in the iPod, nothing happens. The car system appears not to recognize the iPod. I have no idea whether this is an iPod issue or a Honda issue, or even a Belkin issue. Any advice would be welcome.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Did you set the HU to the AUX input setting? All that cable is, is an audio signal. So it's not going to recognize anything, just play whatever audio is being put out by the ipod. So the ipod has to be playing somthing or nothing will happen, you have to control the ipod through the ipod itself...

If that doesn't work try another MP3 player or anything with a headphone jack. If nothing plays than the cable is prolly bad, I doubt there is a problem with the car.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

With my 07 Civic, I had to turn the volume way up. Both on the iPod and on the car. That's annoying when you switch back to the radio & blow up the speakers.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:25 AM
N. Randolph
Unregistered
Red face iPod shuffle

Originally Posted by JimBlake
With my 07 Civic, I had to turn the volume way up. Both on the iPod and on the car. That's annoying when you switch back to the radio & blow up the speakers.
That was exactly my problem. I had the volume set at about 12 or so, but to hear the iPod I had to crank it up to 30+! Pretty silly not to have thought of that earlier, but I appreciate everyone's advice. Thanks.