Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Keyless Entry HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 04:10 PM
2ManyHondas
Unregistered
Default Keyless Entry HELP!

Ok, I've got a 94 Accord, and back in 97~98, it had a keyless entry system put on it. The install was done at the Honda dealer, and the remote has Honda written on it and all, so I guess it came from the factory. However, the system had to be set up so that whenever the key is inserted into the door, it set off the alarm. This was ok, because it was easier to use the remote anyway. Well, now the remote has died. I've tried calling the Honda dealer, and supposedly they don't make the part anymore, and I couldn't find any on Ebay that had a matching FCC ID #. This is preventing me from using my car, because when the alarm goes off it immobilizes the engine (i.e. sticking the key in the ingnition does nothing). If anyone could help, I would be very appreciative.

Old 09-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Default RE: Keyless Entry HELP!

can you just replace the battery or is the remote broken?

Old 09-23-2006, 04:47 PM
2ManyHondas
Unregistered

I tried replacing the battery, even though I just replaced it over the summer, and nothing happened. I would also be interested in just taking the stupid system out, if anyone has any clue as to how I might be able to do that.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:05 PM

Ok...try this to reprogram so you dont need to pay all that money!

1. Turn the ignition switch on (II on the ignition)
2. W/in 1-4sec, push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver unit. (Just at the steering wheel is fine)
3. W/in 1-4sec, turn the ignition switch off
4. W/in 1-4sec, turn the ignition switch on(II)
5. W/in 1-4, push the transmitter lock or unlock button w/ the transmitter aimed at the receiver again.
6. W/in 1-4sec, turn the ign. switch off
7. W/in 4sec, turn the ignition switch On(II)
8. w/in 1-4sec, push the transmitter lock or unlock again.
9. w/in 4 sec, turn the ign off
10. w/in 4 sec, turn the ign ON
11. W/in 1-4, push the transmitter again
12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door actuators. W/in 1-4sec, push the trans lock or unlock button again.
13. W/in 10sec, aim the transmitters (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.
14. Turn the ignition switch off, and pull out the key.
15. Confirm proper operation with the new codes

There you go! Sorry this is from the helms but my scanner is broken right now.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:32 PM
2ManyHondas
Unregistered

Thanks for trying, I really do appreciate it, but the transmitter is DEAD. It's over 8 years old, and it has actually stopped funtioning and needs to be replaced.

Old 09-23-2006, 06:28 PM

I believe you could just pull the door panel and disconnect the actuator, that may work, then you could use the key to lock/unlock the car and start it, however I don't know from there what to do, if the honda dealership can't do a dang thing for it then see if they can remove it...

Old 09-26-2006, 04:42 PM

thx for those instructions....they helped me. couldn/t figure out how to reprogram it lol. on a 99 accord ex how to i program it to get the trunk to open with the trans? or is that possible?

Old 09-26-2006, 04:56 PM

based on what i know about this which is very little... *L* I'd say you should be able to use those same instructions to program the trunk release button as well...