Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

My radio is staticy, says cd

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default My radio is staticy, says cd

Hello
I had sprayed Clorox into the blower and vents to clear a cow dung smell that presented itself to me when I would turn on the blower. In the process I may have shorted the stereo because even at the lowest volume I get very loud static and "Cd" displaying on the AM/FM cassette player of my family's 92 Accord LX.

Can I reset the stereo by undoing the electrical connection or did I short it out with the Clorox mix?
Thanks
Ken

Old 07-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default RE: My radio is staticy, says cd

Hello
I decided to exercise insanity (trying same thing and expecting different result) and the darned radio behaved itself and acted normally. Now how can I have a short unless the A/C ducts have apertures allowing the Clorox mixture to cause a short?

Of course I sprayed the Clorox some time back; I fail to understand what was going on. I was going to yank #24 fuse from the under-hood panel to reset the radio. Oh well.

PS; I have 1994 Honda Accord shop manual if needed. I know mine is a '92 but I got a lot of good from that and the '91 book.

Thanks
KT

Old 07-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Default RE: My radio is staticy, says cd

my guess would be that your chlorox mixture was shorting it out slightly but not entirely and then it dried/evaporated and cut off that path... If it continues to work fine I would assume that this is the case... if it starts acting up again I would bet that you fried something by killing a connection of some sort...

Where exactly did you spray the mixture into? The dash air vents? or the clean air vents from outside?