Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

New to HAF, Sat nav trouble!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 04:26 AM
Jockey
Unregistered
Default New to HAF, Sat nav trouble!!!

Hi - I have just bought an '06 Honda Accord 2.2CDTi and it has all the ***** and whistles including sat nav. Unfortunately the sat nav DVD did not come with the car, I knew this when I bought it but did not think for one minute that it would be so hard to get hold of!

According to Honda UK I need v3.06 (none of which seem to be available to buy on the web) and if I source it through a Honda dealership it's £250!!!! What a rip off!!!! [:@]

Does anyone know a way around this - can it be downloaded? sourced elsewhere? worked around? Help! It's driving me barmy!!

Jockey

Old 11-29-2008, 05:43 AM
Administrator
Default RE: New to HAF, Sat nav trouble!!!

Hello New Member, Thank You for joining the forums..someone will more than likely know the answer to this , so wait till they see it.

I am moving this to the correct forum for you...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 11-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

It can not be downloaded and burned. Your going to have to find the DVD sorry. And you have the get the color DVD that corresponds with the accord. I would keep searching you'll find one eventually. Good luck finding the euro DVD!

Old 12-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Jockey
Unregistered

Not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the info - I thought anything could be ripped, burned and posted these days but it looks like Honda have been careful to protect their astronomical price tag!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 PM

It can be burned and ripped, but the Navi unit won't read it. At least this is what I've heard, I have no tried it my self. My old man just got a new ridgeline with navi, if your desperate I can try and rip it and burn it. But I belive the probelm won't be the ripping or the burning, but the nav unit reading a burned copy. Honda proably used some kind of security simiular to video game consoles.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:49 PM

^ Do you have euro maps on there? Doubt it.

I bet the DVD could be ripped and burned, but I'm sure there are extra steps to it.

I googled it, and sure thing, you can burn them. You need a dual/double layer burner and some Windows expertise, but it's possible.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:17 PM

Well like with an xbox 360 for it to read burned games there has to be a bit of information on the disc that you can not burn at home. I forget the details but that is the gist of it, most other consoles dating back to the dreamcast were similar. With the 360 the DVD drive has to be reflashed with a custom firmware to skip over that check for that data, with other consoles a mod chip replaces the BIOs with a custom BIOs which allows you to read the burned games. I'm sure honda used a similar security measure, it cheaper than not being able to sell their DVDs. So even if I was able to successfully rip it and burn it, the navi unit probably won't read it, unless honda made a big big mistake. It's worth a shot though, I got plenty of DL DVDs and I know what I'm doing in that area.

EDIT: Ahh I see you said it can be done, didn't see that. I'll look into that when I'm done doing something, if it's possible I'll be able to find you the file jockey if it's even available.