General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAT NAV DVD confusion

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Gary W
Unregistered
Default SAT NAV DVD confusion

Hi folks, please can you assist, I am about to purchase a 2004 Accord CTDi Exec with SATNAV, unfortunately for me the previous owner has walked off with the sat nav DVD. I know they can be boughton EBAY, but i ask for some guidance, can i buy any Honda /Alpine disk or will some of them not work.Im from the UK so will be looking at a European / GB disk, i was looking at ver3.05???

Thanks foryour help

Gary

Old 02-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Default RE: SAT NAV DVD confusion

since you're in europe and I don't know what differences there may be I would suggest calling a local honda dealership and asking how much the disk costs from them (if they can get it) and get the part number, then search the net for that part number so you know you're getting the right one.... that's the safest way!

Welcome to the forum!

Old 02-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Gary W
Unregistered
Default RE: SAT NAV DVD confusion

Hi all, I have managed to geta DVD sat nav disk that is definately compatible. Only problem i have now is that I am getting a message saying my disk is older than the version installed. Does anyone know a work around so that you can get the unit to re-install the operating system from the DVD, I have been told it should be able to be done by accessing the Service menu by holding down a few buttons, not sure if this is true, or if there is another work round??.
Thanks for your assistance.

Gary..

Old 02-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Heliman
Unregistered
Default Sat Nav reset

Did you get this done? If not, PM me.
Derek.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Gary W
Hi all, I have managed to geta DVD sat nav disk that is definately compatible. Only problem i have now is that I am getting a message saying my disk is older than the version installed. Does anyone know a work around so that you can get the unit to re-install the operating system from the DVD, I have been told it should be able to be done by accessing the Service menu by holding down a few buttons, not sure if this is true, or if there is another work round??.
Thanks for your assistance.

Gary..

Hey, did you find out how to fix the problem, I have the same thing with my Honda Accord 2004?