New Radio won't work after ECU got replaced. - Page 3 - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Go Back  Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > Your Ride > Audio/Visual Electronics
Reload this Page >

New Radio won't work after ECU got replaced.

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

New Radio won't work after ECU got replaced.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
wow. there is no reason you should measure 9.7VDC on that wire (with the plug disconnected) unless there is a problem up-stream. like a bad connection at the fuse box.

bypass that wire - assume it is bad. pull that fuse. run a new wire from the battery to your HU, with an inline fuse at the battery. 12AWG wire with a 20A fuse is sufficient.
I ran a new wire from the battery, the radio now works. However, I had to keep the radio fuse under the dash in for some reason. The one under the hood, the backup radio fuse, isn't in.

Thanks for the help!

Old 08-19-2012, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1 View Post
Or as an alternative to running a new wire directly from the battery, you can use an "Add-a-circuit" to plug into an unused slot in the driver's side fuse box to power the radio.

http://www.littelfuse.com/data/en/Da...FHM02FHA02.pdf
Thanks for the response!

I wish I had seen this before I ran the wire from the battery, it looks easier and would have been a little neater then what I ended up with! lol

I'm going to keep trying to find the original problem, if I don't locate it, I may go to this solution just to make things easier.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

i wanted you to bypass the fuse box completely with this wire. the fuse box is the suspected problem.

add-a-circuit can be used if you are VERY careful what circuit you choose. choose the wrong one and you can overload that part of the bus and then you have to replace the entire fuse box.

i only use add-a-fuse for devices that draw 1-3A. otherwise i use a spare fuse location or study the schematic for the vehicle to ensure i add it to a fuse that will not be a coincident load (tough to do with a radio).

Old 08-30-2012, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
i wanted you to bypass the fuse box completely with this wire. the fuse box is the suspected problem.
If the fuse box is the problem, wouldn't I be having other problems?

Old 08-31-2012, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

No, just the one output could be bad...