Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Possesed CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Default Possesed CD Player

Okay so I guess this is more funny than anything (I'm replacing the deck shortly) In the car I just bought is a jensen CD Player (model?? can't remember) this thing will periodically either turn the volume up at a high rate of speed until it's so loud you can't think and I'm wondering why my speakers haven't blown yet, or turn it down to zero I have found no relation to anything on why/when it does this, however, if I 'flick' the volume button sometimes I can turn it back up quickly when it goes to zero or down when it goes to max. I have tried the reset button to no avail and the faceplate doesn't seem to be removeable so cleaning is kinda out of the question.... Any thought , questions, suggestions or humorous insults?

Old 02-25-2006, 01:24 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Possesed CD Player

Actually your problem is quite simple, you own a jensen....... i dont honestly care what anyone says, jensen is the largest piece of garbage i have ever seen, decks and amps, havent seen the speakers but im sure its the same issue. I bet they've found some way to screw those up as well. Well...... I care what others say when they think its trash as well. ^_^ In a few weeks im going to be changing my pioneer priemere deck to a fusion deck..... and subs...... and amp....... ugh........... im going to regret going SQL

Old 02-27-2006, 06:33 PM

This is my first experience with jensen (it came with the car) and I'm not happy obviously.... I'm going to change it out with my other deck after I get it cleaned.... I found out that cd players on dusty roads makes for unhappyness... It's a good deck though so hopefully it's just the deck giving me the issue and not some obscure wiring problem (although I don't see how even a bad wiring job could produce this level of sporatic issues)

Old 03-05-2006, 01:17 AM

NOT A GOOD RADIO I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:32 PM

Took my Kenwood Excelon into the dealer a week ago (I figured while I had a temporary POS deck I was going to get mine repaired under warranty) Do you know about what the Jensen is worth (Purchase cost)? I'm planning on yanking it out and hocking it to a pawn shop when I get mine back ( 7-10 days now and counting down!)

Old 03-07-2006, 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: marbro

Actually your problem is quite simple, you own a jensen....... i dont honestly care what anyone says, jensen is the largest piece of garbage i have ever seen, decks and amps, havent seen the speakers but im sure its the same issue. I bet they've found some way to screw those up as well. Well...... I care what others say when they think its trash as well. ^_^ In a few weeks im going to be changing my pioneer priemere deck to a fusion deck..... and subs...... and amp....... ugh........... im going to regret going SQL

lmao!!!!!!!!!! I was going to say jensen's are bad but you've said it quite well already