Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Are Powered Subwoofers worth anything?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Default RE: Are Powered Subwoofers worth anything?

I don't care cause it is still on the topic of amps/subs etc.. And I don't know jack about them.

Hehe. I became a mod last thursdayI think (or maybe it was Wednesday.) It was ironic because I was away on a business trip on thursday and most of friday so I didn't even see it had become official till Friday afternoon. Go figure when I become a Mod I'm not even on here forthe first 2 days to enjoy it. Here we go off topic now.....haha

Old 04-30-2008, 09:33 AM

I ran a Bazooka 8" 100W in a few of my cars/trucks/ SUV and it fills the bass void like I wanted it to. The only vehicle where it didn't was in the VW Passat I had and thats was because the trunk area was so well insulated.

Right now its sitting in the basement .. gathering dust .. only because the TL already sounded good.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:46 AM

One of my friend's just got a new Pathfinder. Fully loaded. It even has a video camera that automatically comes on when you reverse so you can look at the screen in the dash to back up. The thing is pimp. It has theBose sound system. The same guy used to have kicker solobaric 12"s in his truck. I asked him if he was going to put subs in the Pathfinder and he said no, the Bose was good enough for him. Too bad my accords stock sound system is so inferior. I think i may put the sub idea on hold for a while. My tax return came in, but the credit card debt from medical bills & hotel stays from all these weddings I have been having to go to racked up prettygood so I have to pay more on it and have less $ for playing around with. Maybe I will buya sub with the money I win from my weightloss competition (not over till November 15 though.) But the good thing is, I have all of this good info from this thread I can refer back to. Thanks a bunch guys

Old 04-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd
the credit card debt from medical bills & hotel stays from all these weddings I have been having to go to racked up prettygood so I have to pay more on it and have less $ for playing around with.
Did you get so drunk at the weddings you had to go to the hospital? lol.

If the Bose system in the Passport is anything like the Bose system in our MDX, it blows. They typically use a thinner subwoofer (~2-3 inches) and mount it in the panel in the trunk. The enclosure is like metal swiss cheese.

The video camera is great to impress friends. I really only use it when I'm parallel parking so I can get super close to bumpers and **** people off.