Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

RADIO REPLACEMENT ???? 94 Accord...

Old 06-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I don't know, I'm sure it's not too bad. Google a tutorial for it, there all over the net. And yes a harness adapter will make life much easier for you. They usually come with the kit needed to install the radio anyways.

There is an unlimited amount of information on the net, you just have to search for it.

Last edited by t00fatt; 06-25-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:09 PM

All of it.

The bit between the seats covers the bit that goes over the gear shift that extends right up to cover the stereo.

The bit between the seats is secured with screws through the storage box under the cover in the bottom, and under the cup holder which just pulls out.

The other piece has two screws at the back which are exposed when you remove the storage box between the seats, and then clips into the dash top and bottom.
Remember to remove the gear stick **** or auto lever first. (autos have two screws either side on lever, the **** just unscews on the manual).

If the car still has the factory head unit, note that this is secured to the car by a custom frame that bolts into the support structure at the back of the dash.
Honda sell a kit to fit an aftermarket stereo as there is not technically enough room in the DIN slot for a standard DIN surround.
But, if you get creative you can find away around it.
For example my car came with a double din, and I have simply bolted the new H/U to the back of the old H/U in the second DIN slot that used to be occupied by a dodgy factory TV unit.
In my mothers car I was able to use a steel strap to bolt the stereo in at the back, above the coin tray.

And yes, using an adaptor plug will make things much, much easier.