Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Stereo Problems--2003 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Don't be ridiculous. I will blame Honda if they don't take responsibility. I didn't choose the radio--they did. If it's faulty, they should cover it.

Recalls don't bother me as long as the dealership's service department is willing to point them out. If they try and hide them, that is not going to win me over. You may like your Honda dealership, but the one I'm using has tried to shirk the responsibility.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

do you feel they need to cover a broken radio on an 8 year old car?

Old 06-02-2011, 05:06 AM

Yes, you may want to go back and read my original messages. There is a problem with the radios in the 2003 and 2004 Honda Accords. Honda has been replacing them. Honda has asked me to have the dealership service office look at it to start the process of getting it replaced.

I thought maybe my issue was isolated but learned it is not. There is a whole history of stereo problems in those model years, which is why Honda is replacing them.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:08 AM

I also consider your comment troll-like. If you read my previous posts, you would see that Honda has been replacing these radios regardless of how long you've had the vehicle. The problem is typical of the 2003 and 2004 Honda Accords.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, the problem is well documented as a common problem and a recall was issued. You are not alone in your frustration. It's not Honda's fault, they didn't make it and the problems didn't surface for a few years. Once they identified the problem, they had Pioneeer fix the problem. If they had the ability to foresee future recalls, and prevent them ahead of time, we wouldn't have recalls to begin with. Pioneer is to blame for making a POS head unit. Then again, I don't like most of their OEM head units anyway.

I read all of your posts bashing Honda because your old radio is broken and that you'll never buy another Honda. You have your choice in dealerships, choose one that is helpful instead.

I am impressed that Honda even replaces radios so far out of warranty. Few companies will do that past a certain time frame. says a lot about their customer service.

It doesn't really matter because you'll get a new radio with the same problem. They didn't go back and remake all of the previous radios without a bug. good luck.