Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Subwoofer Enclosure for 04 Accord Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Will2Spill
Unregistered
Default Subwoofer Enclosure for 04 Accord Coupe

Hey all,

I ran across this forum while googling for a sub enclosure that is designed to fit the trunk of my 2004 Accord Coupe (without nav). I will be putting in either (1) 10w7 or (2) 10w3's with a 500/1 amp. I just don't want a generic looking box sitting in the trunk, so if anyone knows of any good sources, please let me know.

Many thanks.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Subwoofer Enclosure for 04 Accord Coupe

Your best bet is to design it yourself within the recommended volume for the subs, correct diameter holes, and size to fit in your trunk. That's what I did and it works and looks great!

Old 05-12-2008, 02:22 AM
Will2Spill
Unregistered

Thanks for the reply. It would be cool to fab a custom box myself. I will google for tips and techniques and see what I come up with. If you have any tips you can offer that would be great also. I found a flea bay seller that offers a prefabbed box for 03-07 Accords for $150 shipped. Since I have not memorized the rules of this forum I wont post the link, but if you want to check it out and offer your opinion, the seller is pdfabrication located in Florida. Since I am in Southern California, I really dont like the idea of shipping a box across the country, it would probably arrive as sawdust.lol.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:07 PM

Go for the W7 with more power like a 1000.1, and you will not be disappointed.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:30 PM

My box is just a plain, rectangular, sealed box. Nothing too special. All I did was cut everything with a table saw, predrill holes, cut out the sub holes with a jigsaw and sand them round with a table sander. Put a bead of liquid nail between boards and screw them together (I used 1-5/8" square drive deck screws so they don't strip). I put the face (with sub holes) board on last so I could solder the leads to the terminals and seal all of the seams with liquid nail (much like caulking a bathroom fixture). Bought some black automotive carpet at Menards and then used 3M #74 Spray Adhesive and a staple gun to glue the carpet onto the box.

For future reference, I also have no clue what the deal is with posting links and I've been here for almost a year now. Apparently you can't direct link because it "takes up server space", but if you post the link's text you should be okay.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:28 PM

What part of So Cal are you in? I'm near Pasadena and a friend of mine from Ventura builds NUMEROUS enclosures. He has access to a professional woodshop. He's made a few for me and his prices are real good.

Also, if you're looking for subs I believe he might have several. We both used to collect all sorts of subs, he may even have an amp since he's getting out the hobby, but I'm not quite too sure. I'm sure if he does have everything, he can do a package deal.

I also have a sub I'm trying to sell, though I'm not sure if it would be toyour liking (won't get loud like a Kicker L7 or the like). It's more for SQ (IMO sounds way cleaner than any of the JL's), but does get fairly loud. Here are a couple of pictures. It's similar to an Audiomobile MASS 2012 and doesn't require much power, probably about 500-800w. The sub is quite dusty since it really hasn't been used and has been sitting for quite some time. If you're interested, let me know, I'm letting it go for a good deal.

Name:  IMG_0676.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  105.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0675.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  113.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0678.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  60.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0679.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  103.1 KB

Old 05-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Will2Spill
Unregistered

toofat: I'll probably go with one 10w7 and 500/1v2 so I can run off the stock alternator. Still saving as the $ as JL stuff is not cheap.

finch13: Regarding the box, I'm going to design/build myself as I already have an amp attached to the back of the rear seat and I want to leave a pocket of clearance for ventilation. Since I'm still saving for the audio gear, I have some time to figure it out. Thanks for your advice.

donpisto: I'm in Cerritos, a suburb in southeast los angeles county, not very far from pasadena. I'll check out the pics and let you know if I'm interested. Thanks for the offer.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:38 PM

Oh I see you were talking about the 10w7, I don't know why but I thought you were talking about the 13w7 lol sorry.