Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Terrible "premium audio" 360 watts

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Exclamation Translation please

Originally Posted by neophyte
5 channel would allow for a sub channel and then one channel for each speaker in the car. you could do a 4 channel and run the sub off the rear channels bridged. or you could run two amps.

I think the 5 channel is an excellent choice. and alpine makes nice amps.
infinity makes nice stuff. (infinity is harmon kardon)
alpine makes nice speakers as well.
I am really a fan of CDT speakers but they can get a bit pricey.

You said "Don't forget to disable the ANC on the drivers side pillar."
Can you explain what does ANC means. THKS.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:53 PM

ANC is automatic noise canceling. Something cool if you keep the stock audio components. Works to cancel out rod noise by actively creating sound waves that neutralize road noise -- same principle as those expensive Bose headphones people wear on planes.

As I understand it -- and I am NOT claiming expertise here -- if you modify the sound system you will want to cancel ANC to prevent thumps, noises, feedback etc. especially when you first turn audio on.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Red face Anc ???

Originally Posted by Ed_Droid
ANC is automatic noise canceling. Something cool if you keep the stock audio components. Works to cancel out rod noise by actively creating sound waves that neutralize road noise -- same principle as those expensive Bose headphones people wear on planes.

As I understand it -- and I am NOT claiming expertise here -- if you modify the sound system you will want to cancel ANC to prevent thumps, noises, feedback etc. especially when you first turn audio on.

SORRY if this sound silly, but what is the ANC? I understand is "something" to cancel out side noise, but what is it ... a wire , a switch, a plastic membrane or what, where is it? and how is it?

Thanks for your info. as you can see very well I'm new in this matters of car audio.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

The anc is a system of microphones that work with the car's audio system.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

yep, the microphones measure the noise in the car, compare it with what is playing, then play noise through the speakers that is out of phase with the noise it thinks is outside the car. when you upgrade you change how the speakers sound so the ANC system things what you are adding is noise and it sounds terrible.

active noise cancelling is a terrible idea for a car - it will never work properly and should be disconnected as a first step. disconnecting it will probably improve the factory sound as well.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:47 PM
Default My Solution

I am not a sound system expert BUT I know what I like in Sound and my 2013 Honda Accord Premium 360 7 speaker sound system was NOT it. I bought the car in March 2013 as my retirement gift to me. The People I go to for my car stereo stuff (Sergeants Stereo in Bend, OR) did a lot of research at the time I bought it and the recommendations and follow-through were as follows:

Disable the Noise Canceling Feature in the Car effecting the speakers.
Add a 5 Channel Amp
Change out Tweeters - Found some nice sounding Pioneer TS-T15's that fit.
Disable the Sub Woofer - put in 2 low profile 10 inch subs and amp with custom horizontal low-profile box that does not compromise my trunk. Can lay things on them and they are not overwhelming in sound. They fill in the sound beautifully.

I am thrilled with the sound, now... and have been for over a year. I was able to keep the original deck and not compromise any of the other car functions connected with it. Hope this lay-person's explanation helps. Virginia

Old 05-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the input. A new amp and turning off the ANC is key.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:55 PM

Ugh..what a bummer. How could they advertise 360 watts when it's really only 198? My dealership left a VM following up with me about the new car. I'm gonna call back and call them out on this.

Other than the sound, though, loving the vehicle.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:27 PM

I found a great improvement in the bass/sub response by performing this simple procedure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gMEQCSXJuk

Old 09-08-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by SCIANDRA
I'm new in forum, so let me say HI to every body.
I have just bought a Accord 2013 Coupe EX-L V6 NAVI trim, including a "premium audio" 360 W. and what a terrible surprise with radio audio quality, EX-L NAVI trim is the best trim level Honda offer, and deplorable sound is what I get, I'm not pretending have a "disco sound" in my car but at least nice and enjoyable real sound.
Car from factory is comming with subwoofer .
I would like know some other users experiences with 2013 models, and most important. IS POSSIBLE TO IMPROBE SOUND QUALITY ??? and how.
Thanks in advance for your support.
I have a 2012 Crosstour EXL, and the sound in my car sound really good. Not booming bass, or very high treble, but a nice little factory system. 360 watts is good, if you not looking for a boom car that ride down these streets. I like clear sound, and that what the Honda Crosstour gives me, especially XM radio.