Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Protecting wheel covers from dirt/dust??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 10:06 PM
blaz72282
Unregistered
Default Protecting wheel covers from dirt/dust??

Hey ladies and gents! So I've had my new car for about 2 months now. Have been keeping it very clean, inside and out, whenever possible. Seeing as the wheel covers are brandy new and nice and clean, what product/technique can I use to protect them from getting so dirty/ and or to make the dirt/brake dust easier to clean off? Basically, I dont want dirt to get so ground in over time that it becomes impossible to get out. (This was the case with my old car, an 89' mazda 626) I like the look of factory wheel covers, and would never want to put on cheapies. I was thinking a wax or sealant? Here's what I have at my disposal: Meg's Cleaner wax, meg's nxt tech wax, meg's #26 yellow wax, meg's #7 glaze, 303 protectant, all the stoner products(trim shine, more shine, etc), and I am more than willing to purchase another product online, if it will be better than these. Something from poorboys or DP maybe? Claying them would be difficult, and not nessecary as long as i keep up on them. Besides, I'm not sure what is safe to use on plastic. Basically, I just want them to be easier to clean, and to keep invisible dirt from imbedding itself into the plastic. Thanks for any suggestions!! -Mike

Old 04-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Default RE: Protecting wheel covers from dirt/dust??

Of those you have on hand I would clean them first then use 303. Make sure you wipe it off very well after application. Since you are open to considering other products here's one that will knock you socks off:

Wet Paint Glaze. Many here have used it, some on show cars. It is astounding on paint as well as alloy wheels, glass, and hubcaps. It providesextremely good protection also. Check into it.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:51 PM
blaz72282
Unregistered

Thanks Tex...I am going to pick up some wet paint glaze, based on the praises I've read on the forum. It's not a bad price, either...for all it can be used for. I also began using the 303 protectant based on your suggestion in some threads, so thanks! The stuff is pretty unbelieveable, just what I like; not too glossy, easy application. Anyways, I just want to begin protecting the wheel covers before any grime begins attacking them. Thanks for the suggestions!! -Mike

Old 04-13-2007, 01:19 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Sounds like youve got some good stuff already! If you dont use the Wet Paint, just make sure you done use something like Armor All that will leave a residue which will attract dust and what not.