Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Canadian RCMP protecting Canadian society

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Default Canadian RCMP protecting Canadian society

I think Americans may have the impression that the Canadian police may be soft on criminals. Well, after you take a look at this, you tell me. Here's Canada's Finest - the Royal Canadian Mounted Police(RCMP) -making us all proud of our national heros: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...aser_death1114

(Now you knowthe real reasonthey're called the "mounted" police.)

Then the story:
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...32&k=32890

If you from the USshould decide to come to the Olympics in Vancouver in 2010, make damned sure you areon you best behavior.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Almost A Senior Member
Default RE: Canadian RCMP protecting Canadian society

Couldnt 4 officers restrain one guy? Why would they automatically taser him? At least twice....Id say tasers have more lethal possibilities than guns. You can shoot a guy in the leg and he'd more than likely live, and still be controlled or subdued. But you never know if someone has a heart condition and one zap from a taser instantly kills 'em. Cops are taught to use guns as a last resort and they are taught "shoot to kill" Taser should only be used as a final resort, just beforelethal force.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:35 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

It looked like they hit him with a retractable baton also ..... I'd think that would be enough!

Old 11-16-2007, 11:43 AM

In case any of you who viewed that grainy video did not notice, when the RCMP first arrived in the area,quite a distance from those glass doors,the very first thing that is heard coming from one of the RCMP is "can I Taser him?"; and the immediate reply from one of the others is "yes". On the much-better version of the video that was shown on CBC the night the tape was released by the owner, this can be clearly seen and heard.

I think the most enraging thing about this episode was that the RCMP made absolutely no attempt to revive the guy.

Would you also believe that the RCMP's investigation of itself in this incident is going to take months? I guess that's how long it's going to take them to get together with all of their lawyers and consultants and concoct some kind offiction that mightkeep their members out of jail for manslaughter.

BTW, the principals in the incident - the cops - unlike normal people being investigated for what might be a crime, are not required to be separated from each other and immediately interviewed so that they cannotmakeup a story. It is even quite possible that evennow they may not have yet been interviewed about what happened.

This situation is an abomination to all but the police and their politician controllers. Maybe this time real change will come about, but I really doubt it.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:19 AM

Canadia'sFinest are apparentlynot alone:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...=la-home-local