Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

'02 Accord - Engine/Flex Plate problems

Old 05-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome new member!
Sorry you're joining under the circumstances of a broken car, but still...

It doesn't seem very common for the flex plate to break, but other than a vague feeling I don't really have an answer. Still, it would be interesting to actually SEE the broken peices.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Angry broken flex plate twice!!!!!!

please help me!!!! i have 02 accord 4 cyl auto. with 86000 miles ive had the car for two years and bought it in 09 with 53000 miles or so, no problems of any kind ever, recently i was driving in the city maybe 20 mph and the rpms shot up to 5000 put was getting no power to the wheels just engine spinning, pulled the car over and tried to put it in park and then in drive but same thing turned it off and nothing!!! found out it was the flex plate and got it fixed along with a new starter while the transmission was off, 10 days later same thing happened!!! the mechanic told me he doesnt know what the real problem is as to why the flexplate broke again and told me to let him fix it so it will run and to hurry up and sell it while its still running!!!! Ive talked to a bunch of people and mechanics nobody has even heard of a flexplate breaking ever!!! so i dont know what to do i know there is an underlying cause that is making it happen but dont know what to do about it, i have a car sitting at the mechanice with the trans pulled out and i have no idea what to do!!!!