Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

93 Accord Cruise Control not working - please help me out

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Default 93 Accord Cruise Control not working - please help me out

Hi there guys,

Here is a dire request for help. The cruise control on my accord is not working. It used to work, but quit working after I got the clutch master/slave cylinders replaced.

Where you I start looking to try to find out whats wrong?

Also the freaking AC is acting up and compressor does not even start when I press the AC button. I am thinking the AC fuse is blown or possible something else is messed up.

Please please help me out.

Regards.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Default RE: 93 Accord Cruise Control not working - please help me out

first thing to check is of course all of your fuses, make sure you check them well and look at the ones under the hood too... from there you can try going to Hondatech.info (no www in front of it) and get the manual for the car (Free download) then look through the troubleshooting section... typically it's a fuse but it may be a sensor on the clutch that disenguages it is locked open, check for loose wires around the clutch pedal

Old 09-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

1 the obvious one, was the cruise control cable connected to the throttle body?
2 is the vac hose connected? assuming that it wasnt capped off at the pump

Old 09-24-2006, 01:13 AM

ORIGINAL: marbro

1 the obvious one, was the cruise control cable connected to the throttle body?
2 is the vac hose connected? assuming that it wasnt capped off at the pump
Sorry for the late reply. I got a chance to take a look at the cruise cable today. Its connected to the throttle body. The cruise fuse was ok. I am guessing something else wrong. Possibly the clutch master cylinder I got is not compatible with cruise control?

2. Vac hoses seem connected. I don't see any hose coming off or lightly connected.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Old 09-24-2006, 04:41 AM

Regarding the a/c, of course check the fuses. But also make sure there is adequate charge in the system. I have read on here that if there is no charge in the system the compressor won't even come on.
As far as I know the clutch master cylinder has nothing to do with cruise. Most cruise control units operate by vaccum from the engine.

Old 09-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if it was working before you replace the clutch master , i would chk to make sure that the clutch rod is adjusted properly and not acting like the clutch pedal is pushed in,, when driving car, pull back ( upward ) on the back side of the clutch pedal with your foot see if cruse works

As for the a/c Slusher is correct could be out of freon ,, i would chk that first ,, jump the 2 wires at pressure switch, if system comes on most likely it is out of freon

Old 09-25-2006, 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

if it was working before you replace the clutch master , i would chk to make sure that the clutch rod is adjusted properly and not acting like the clutch pedal is pushed in,, when driving car, pull back ( upward ) on the back side of the clutch pedal with your foot see if cruse works

As for the a/c Slusher is correct could be out of freon ,, i would chk that first ,, jump the 2 wires at pressure switch, if system comes on most likely it is out of freon
You know what, the clutch pedal is not correctly adjusted I believe. There is a slack in the pedal and it sometimes sticks on its way up. I bet thats the reason. I will get the clutch pedal adjusted.

Regarding the AC, the fuses were fine. I bet there is a leak in the system or that there is no freon in it. The guy I bought the car was saying the AC never really worked well for him.

Good thing winter is coming and I won't be needing the AC now.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will post an update after I get the clutch pedal re-adjusted.