Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Air Intake for V6

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Default Air Intake for V6

I have seen many different kinds of air intake kits. I was wondering if the air intakes are the same for a V4 Accord and a V6 accord cause i have a V6 and the air filter is on the other side of the car (opposite the V4)and i dont wanna buy the wrong one. The only kits ive seen online so far are the ones for 4 cylinders

Also, whats the difference between a cold air intake and a short ram intake? the only difference ive seen is the 100 dollar price difference.....
somebodeh help meh, help meh pleaseee

Old 07-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Air Intake for V6

The difference between short ram and cold air: $100 and 8" inches of tubing. The theory behind cold air is that the engine is "breathing" outside air that is cooler than the air inside the engine bay. If you ask me I think it's BS, even though it has been "proven". Short ram and cold air both accomplish the most important factor: replacing the factory rubber tube with tons of wrinkles for air to slow down with a smooth aluminum one and a reusable cotton filter with a larger surface area than the stock filter. AEM is a good, trusted brand and is CARB exempt so you won't get any nasty tickets.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: coolgmslife

I have seen many different kinds of air intake kits. I was wondering if the air intakes are the same for a V4 Accord and a V6 accord cause i have a V6 and the air filter is on the other side of the car (opposite the V4)and i dont wanna buy the wrong one. The only kits ive seen online so far are the ones for 4 cylinders

Also, whats the difference between a cold air intake and a short ram intake? the only difference ive seen is the 100 dollar price difference.....
somebodeh help meh, help meh pleaseee
i responded to your other thread. lets just make one thread per question ok.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:42 PM

Cold-air induction systems have often been noted to produce more power at higher rpm's, according to some sources, and usually work best in conjunction with other "breathe-easy" mods such as stainless headers and cat-back exhaust systems. I gotta agree though, that short-ram is the way to go, but I do have one suggestion: build yourself a "shield" out of ABS plastic to cover the cone air filter from engine heat. On some cars such as the Acura RSX, this is especially important because the filter is located so close to the engine. Drawing in hot engine-bay air can cause engine detonation due to the air in the mix being of too high temperature.