Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Am i being jerked off?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Default Am i being jerked off?

I have a 1993 honda accord lx and recently i took it to a mechanic shop and had a new clutch replaced in it. They also replaced the slave cylinder because he said it was broken.

2 to 3 days later i notice that the clutch pedal began to become stiff and i had to come halfway off the pedal to get it too catch. i took the car back they accused me of riding the clutch and said they would bleed it out. they went to do that and the clutch didn't need bleeding and then i was told all cars don't catch the same and nothing was wrong with my car.

2 days after i noticed that i would have to come off the clutch entirely after driving about 20 mins or so and that the engine would start revving on its own when i would shift from 2nd to 3rd.

i took it back again this time they bled out the slave cylinder adjusted the clutch pedal and i felt a better catch with my clutch pedal and it was more looser.

Ok the next day the same problems started reoccurring so i parked the car because it was after business hours and decided to take it in monday when they opened back up.

So now we're at the part where i bought the master cylinder (which one of the mechanics argued with me that a stick shift doesn't have a master cylinder and that the slave cylinder and the master cylinder are the same part. We got that worked out (i won of course because it does have a master cylinder which i purchased).

i would like anyone who has experience in working with manual transmissions to comment on this issue for data purposes because i was told if anything else goes wrong with the car do not bring it back because they don't want to deal with me anymore....another question is what is the normal feel for a clutch in good condition? Is it loose stiff or in-between? At the moment mine is loose between 6 to 8 inches off the floor is that normal?

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 04-18-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: formatting helps
Old 04-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

why are you yelling at us?
I have no idea what you are saying and have no desire to read through all the bold capitals you wrote.
It is very rude to write like that, is this your first time on the internet?

Old 04-17-2012, 05:52 PM

If your pants are down and something if being tugged on, you might be getting jerked off... Just kidding. But it really was difficult reading that... You should know how your clutch feels, if you've owned it for a while before the problem occured. If they don't want to deal with you anymore, then just find somebody else. the problem was supposed to be resolved after the first time and they don't seem to know what they're doing.

All clutches feel different. The pedal in my car goes in pretty far and it it doesn't feel stiff at all (maybe cause I got used to it). My brother's wagon's clutch feels really light and feels weird to me, but normal to him. You have to know how your own clutch feels, it changes with cars.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:27 AM

Whatever shop you keep going to, **** them. Seriously, that sounds like the most unprofessional shop ever. I would never work there or spend money there.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:12 AM
Administrator
Talking Good Post For This Member

Originally Posted by bairdandrew77
If your pants are down and something if being tugged on, you might be getting jerked off... Just kidding. But it really was difficult reading that... You should know how your clutch feels, if you've owned it for a while before the problem occured. If they don't want to deal with you anymore, then just find somebody else. the problem was supposed to be resolved after the first time and they don't seem to know what they're doing.

All clutches feel different. The pedal in my car goes in pretty far and it it doesn't feel stiff at all (maybe cause I got used to it). My brother's wagon's clutch feels really light and feels weird to me, but normal to him. You have to know how your own clutch feels, it changes with cars.
I like your helpful answer for this member and I Thank You for posting it for us..

WheelBrokerAng .

Old 04-18-2012, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
I like your helpful answer for this member and I Thank You for posting it for us..

WheelBrokerAng .

Haha glad you liked it! I was worried about getting suspended or something for an inappropiate post after I posted it