Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Codes and Work at dealership.. Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Default Codes and Work at dealership.. Please Help!!

Ok Breeze here I took my car to Honda and apparently my radiator cap came off and coolant has been sprayed all over on the inside of the motor. Honda told me that this happened and has made the car spit out all kinds of codes. My husband and I just replaced the radiator about two months ago. I have had no leeks or coolant smell in my motor or anything. I just recently a week ago got an oil change and all levels of fluids were checked. Honda is telling me that the spring louded radiator cap is not covered under the emissions warranty for my 96 Accord EX. Does this sound right? Would that indeed cause check engine light problems? Wouldn't I have been able to smell the coolant? I drive my car everyday and the temp guage has stayed on normal since I bought the car. The amount to have Honda to fix the problem is 150.00$ plus tax. So what do you all think?

Old 09-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Default RE: Radiator Cap

I wanted to add a little to my post. Honda has also said that the car was throwing out codes having to do with misfire. Could the radiator be the problem for this? By the way it's a new radiator. My car has been to 3 different dealerships and I have been told different things at all dealerships. One of the dealerships told me that I needed new fuel injectors and the valves need to be readjusted. They scheduled me for this work and then called me and said that I can't get the work done at their dealership. Now I am taking it to another dealership and I feel like these problems are still there and honda is doing everything they can to not fix the major issues with my car. I have called Honda USA and they tell me to continue taking it to other dealerships so I guess that's what I'm going to do. I hope somewhere someone will step up and fix Hondas screw up!!!!!! I just feel like all the Honda locations I go to a jerking me. I just want that CHECK ENGINE LIGHT OFF FOR GOOD!!!! I think when I get my car back I am going to take it and get the codes and post them here so everyone can help me. Please anyone HELP!!!! Thanks so much for reading this long passage.. Breeze

Old 09-22-2006, 08:10 PM

Providing that the codes aren't still there because of an ongoing problem then I'd say go to autozone or somewhere and ask them to pull the codes and they should pull them and then be able to reset it for free. If the light comes back on after that then take it back and have them read again, at that point you know that they are new codes, post them here and we'll help you get it fixed, you can also oftem times rent a code machine to read them yourself and then clear them, drive around and see if they come back

Old 09-22-2006, 08:14 PM

Thanks sir!! I'll be getting my car back tomorrow from Honda. The ecm has already been reset by Honda so I'm going to drive it around untill the check engine light comes back on. I'm then going to try what you said and take it to Autozone and get the codes and then I'll post the codes. Thank you again!! Breeze