General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

honda dealership question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 05:35 AM
bchang
Unregistered
Default honda dealership question...

hi i was wondering if anyone know about honda dealership policy on fixing something that's broken on your car. i've heard that the dealerships are supposed to keep the part you fixed until you come and see it, if they don't you can get a discount or even free of charge. can anyone confirm this?

thanks

Old 02-25-2006, 07:45 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: honda dealership question...

no...not really. when you take the car in let them know at that time that you would like every single old part that they replaced...you never really Know if they are giving you your actual part though

Old 02-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

normally shops do not save the parts unless it is requested by the car owner.. and only 1 in hundreds might ask to see the part, it also depends if it is an old customer which trusts the shop or a brand new customer,, those are the ones that at the first or second visit want to see the part to make sure that they are not being ripped off.. regular customer never ask to see the old part .

A question to you,,, if you don't fully trust them why take the car there in the first place ??

I would be very shocked if any dealership would tell you they replaced a part and they did not..it would be a huge chance to get sued.. Joe Blow shop, in the middle of nowhere might pull something like that ..

As for giving you a discount or for free..for not showing you the old part ??
. common my man be real..these guys have to make money doing their job just like you make money doing yours....

Old 02-25-2006, 07:54 PM

We are required to ask you if you want your old parts back when you bring in your car for work. We do not give back core and warranty parts but will show a customer them if they ask. It all depends on state law.