Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

F23?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default F23?

ok here we go i was wondering on a few different engines first i heard of a F23? wanted to know if it really existed and if it does whats the horsepower on it also can it bolt on to a h22 tranny? also whats the power difference in the h22 and h23? i have a wagon and come taxes im gonna swap out the f22 for something with more power i want to spank these little civics out here in the norther part of the state of ny lol. i want something that is going to be easy on my pockets if something breaks i.e. starter alternater hoses... anyways also i want to know what exactly am i going to need for this full swap i know i need the tranny engine and ecu but will i need a harness what about cv shafts seeing as that i have the f22 auto and might be converting to the h22 for example 5 speed? let me know a list of all i will need to replace no matter how small or how big i am doing all the work myself and it is my first swap project also let me know what ya think about the best engine for me to put in here thanks god bless and i wish you all a happy new year

Old 01-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Supper Moderator

if you want good power do a h22 swap also do the 5speed swap. Any F or H series trans will bolt to H and F series engines they are interchangeable.
The power difference from the h23 and f23 will be something like 20hp. The h23 engine is a much better platform to start with over the f23. You can always swap a h22 head on a h23 and have a h23 vtec. It’s a good combo for a street cat. You have the tq like f22's (since the h23 and f22 share the same crank shaft) You also have a good high end power band b/c of the h22 head.

How much are you looking to spend on a swap? That will really tell you what swap is in your budget.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Newest Of Newbies

thanks g22 im not exactly sure i mean ive found the engine 5 speed tranny and ecu for the h22 for about 700 so i think my budget for this year is going to be 1500 MAX thats just incase i run into any problems im gonna get the headers full exhaust and a cold air intake and probably a bigger fuel rail and injectors for this year maybe and do little things hear and there to the heads next year ill work on the block im not trying to build a track car but i do wanna feel my head hit the headrest when i take off and chnge gears, you know what i mean?

Old 01-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Supper Moderator

save your money on the injectors and fuel rail. They are not needed. The fuel rail is NEVER needed. It's more of a bling bling thing. PPl are running stocker rails on 600hp set ups. The injectors aren’t needed until you have some serious internal work done and or a forced induction set up.

If you want to build a monster h22 engine to slam you in your seat. Look into bisimoto parts. He is expensive BUT as a result of that you get KILLER power. He is a fluid dynamic engineer so he knows what he is doing. Also that’s why he is expensive. But it pays to play and don’t cheap out on your parts you will regret it later on...trust me

Old 01-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Newest Of Newbies

ok so heres what im gonna end up doing i think its easier for me this way. im gonna just do all the externals this year paint, rims, suspension, etc etc and im gonna go to the junk yard and get the h22 motor tranny ecu and wiring harness and im gonna check out the guy you mentioned above and every week i'll just buy something from him starting from the inside out ill get the block bored just a bit and little by little work on putting the internals together and when im done with that i will work on the head and by the time taxes comes aroung next year all i gotta due is put it in the wagon and tune it to perfection thanks g22cd5 i appreciate that. also do you know where i can get some nice parts for my wagon for example cf hood and shocks and springs im gonna stay on my 1500 dollar budget so i dont wanna pay an arm and a leg