Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Here is one for the masses I WANT V6

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Default RE: Here is one for the masses I WANT V6

You really don't need to do anything to the engine (as long as you keep the boost at 8psi or lower) if it's in decent shape. You'll be able to run an SRT stocker, no problem. If you're going to shoot for 300+ hp, you may want to find another f22 block to build (that's my plan anyways). They're cheap compared to the H22 that everyone and their brothers want and you have your cake and eat it to in the sense that you can run a low boost set up in your car while you build something for some big power. Keep the crank, it's good for a lot more HP than 300 ponies.... New pistons, rods, sleeves, and valves (and springs) would make your motor safe for greater boost. I'd also upgrade the oil pump while you're at it.

You also don't even need to touch the ECU (for an 8psi set up). Use a rising rate FMU and a missing link synapse (a check valve device to hide the boost from your MAP sensor) and you should have all the added engine management you need.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:23 AM

I like your response, it puts things a little more visibly in reach, I was thinking I would have to do a ton of stuff to my car to make it take boost. I am sure I need to do a rebuild so getting an extra block would probably be beneficial. Do I need to do something to the tranny too? And do I need to upgrade the axles? Any links to websites with appropriate materials....Im worried about getting generic "crap" off of ebay, so i defenitely want to go brand name.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:17 AM

I haven't heard of too many people having to beef up the axles. If you are running the 8 psi or lower I wouldn't worry about the tranny either as long as it is functioning fine now. Of course if you have an auto it won't be as enjoyble and from what I have read it is not as beefy as the stick. I would check out TAS Auto (link on this site) for turbo kits. There are cheaper ways: DIY turbo kit and you could turbo for half the price but someone else here would need to give you the low down on that.

Old 11-12-2006, 08:20 AM

I can't remember where I heard it from, but I think the prelude axle can be swapped in if you needed a stronger one. As far as the tranny goes, the top number for an auto seems to be 200wtq. The manual has been boosted up to 230wtq without problems, but I don't know how much more it can handle. If beefing up the current tranny, I'm not too sure on what you could do besides getting a stronger one. Perhaps a performance shift kit and making it shift quicker/harder? Another thing to be thinking of is the differential. I've heard the 200 figure for that as well but, of course it's just second hand knowledge.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

the accord axles will not break under those HP loads. You would have to really abuse them for them to break......

Old 11-12-2006, 04:46 PM

bleh... get a B series non Vtech... <3s the boost... personaly for gains ur looking for a H22 would be a better option... DOHC FTW + full vtech instead of... none... Vtech doesent like boost as well as nonvtech so dont boost it... run it NA and build it....

remember ladies and gentelmen.... NO MATTER WHAT... 1 NA HP means more than 1 Boosted HP

Old 11-12-2006, 06:52 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Either option is good, its all dependent on personal preference. I still cant decide what Im going to do lol.

Old 11-12-2006, 08:58 PM

K24a2 swap!