Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

MPG

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Default RE: MPG

Yeah, if I remember correctly, awhile back someone posted a test on different spark plug wires and the stock actually performed the best among numerous other aftermarket wires.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:34 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

I just got done running the Sea Foam through. I put it through the brake booster vac line, about a third of a can. Let it sit for a half hour and then drove it around for about three miles. To tell the truth, I was expecting a lot more white smoke than I got. I was a little disappointed, I was hoping to make a big smoke screen behind me lol. I guess I will find out in the next few days what kind of improvement I get.

Old 11-26-2006, 10:33 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: poser_pilot6

What if you have a manual transmission and your T-stat is stuck partially open? I guess I just really dont know what role the T-stat serves for the car.

Also, are the stock spark plug wires the best ones for an Accord, or is there an aftermarket company that makes a better set?
ecu runs car rich all the time thinking that it has not warmed up. You still get lower MPG. in some states you may not pass emmissions since car is not reporting ready....even though it does NOT throw a CEL

Yes the stock wires are the best for that car. Personally I would NOT use any NON HONDA parts unless you have seriously altered the engine's performance profile.