General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 honda accord 2.3l vtec wont start at all

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Default 00 honda accord 2.3l vtec wont start at all

Hey guys im desperate right now I need help.
I had a bad valve cover gasket which u already replaced new plugs, new wires, bought new fuel pump. And still not coming up ... three of my wires are not getting fire ... only #2 is working ... I pulled out the distributor cap and checked the ignition coil and it was working fine. NOW I already replaced the main relay and checked the fuel pump fuse and is good. And im still not being able to get power to the fuel pump .
What are my options please help me the list is getting smaller and I dont want to think is my computer.

Edit: just adding
We already tested fuses relays for the ignition and still nothing. Still not getting the fuel pump to come up at all ... no fuel going to the engine ... now would the crank sensor or cam sensor when theyre not working properly not let the main relay turn the fuel pump on?

Last edited by eddie1231; 03-17-2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: adding info.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

When you turn keyswitch to On, you should hear fuel pump come on in tank and run for 2-3 secs and go off. Check Engine Light should go off at same time.

If you don't hear fuel pump, car will not start whether spark is missing or not. Either main fuel relay or bad fuel pump. Since you replaced the fuel pump, the main fuel relay is likely if 12V missing to the fuel pump (check).

If you hear the fuel pump come on and run 2-3 secs every time, the fuel delivery is likely and spark is the issue.

A good spark/fuel test is to inject about 10-secs of throttle body cleaner or starter fluid and attempt to start. If it starts briefly spark is good and fuel delivery is problem. If still no-start, then ignition problem.

Spark missing can be a cracked distributor cap or rotor shorting the spark to ground (rotor shaft).

good luck

Old 03-17-2015, 04:14 PM

Last time we tried putting switch on II (on) fuel pump didnt came up...
We did a wires test and theres no powet going to the fuel pump ... will try again and check distrubutor cap and your suggestions and update with results
I appreciate your reply thanks a lot

Old 03-17-2015, 05:12 PM

Last time we tried putting switch on II (on) fuel pump didnt came up...
We did a wires test and theres no powet going to the fuel pump ... will try again and check distrubutor cap and your suggestions and update with results
I appreciate your reply thanks a lot

Old 03-17-2015, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

You have to be careful when checking for power to the fuel pump. The blk/yel wire will only be hot for 2-3 secs and power goes off. So if you didn't check correctly you might mistake no power condition.

If no power to fuel pump is confirmed, the main fuel relay is likely culprit. it's under the center console beneath radio.

good luck