General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

01 Accord Coupe No flash or honk

Old 06-09-2014, 12:18 AM
Default 01 Accord Coupe No flash or honk

So my 01 accord coupe doesn't show flash or honk when I lock the door. And the led alarm doesn't go on by the door. My panic button works.Someone please help me

Last edited by Benitezedwin5; 06-09-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:43 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forums..Someone will be along who knows about your problem soon.

Thank You for joining the HAF..

Old 06-09-2014, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Welcome to the forums..Someone will be along who knows about your problem soon.

Thank You for joining the HAF..
Thank You

Old 06-09-2014, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

Just to confirm, which it sounds like, this an EX trim level with the factory alarm?

Is there anything else electrical, other than the security system not working? If there is something else electrical not working, then this may indicate a possible fuse issue.

Otherwise, for the system to arm, the ignition switch must be off, the key must be removed, and the security control unit must receive signals that the doors, hood, and trunk lid are closed and locked. If one of the switches is misadjusted or there is a short in the system, the system will not arm. As long as the control unit continues to receive a ground signal, it senses that the vehicle is not closed and locked, and the system will not arm.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Just to confirm, which it sounds like, this an EX trim level with the factory alarm?

Is there anything else electrical, other than the security system not working? If there is something else electrical not working, then this may indicate a possible fuse issue.

Otherwise, for the system to arm, the ignition switch must be off, the key must be removed, and the security control unit must receive signals that the doors, hood, and trunk lid are closed and locked. If one of the switches is misadjusted or there is a short in the system, the system will not arm. As long as the control unit continues to receive a ground signal, it senses that the vehicle is not closed and locked, and the system will not arm.
Everything Electrical works, it is and EX with Leather and everything is closed (hood,trunk, doors). When i unlock the doors, the car light flash twice but it doesnt do that when i lock it. It is factory alarm. If it is the fuse, which fuse should it be? And if its the alarm, where could i check the connections? Thank you for replying too!