General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

'04 Accord Nav Problem

Old 09-08-2008, 05:19 PM
socaladub
Unregistered
Default '04 Accord Nav Problem

I have looked through the forum and over the internet, but haven't found any luck (or solution) to my problem. Maybe (re)posting this may help find me a solution.

My 2004 Honda Accord Coupe's navigation system started having problems a few months ago. Everytime I start the car, the Nav asks for the anti-theft code. I checked the battery and it was good. The DVD looks fine too. I'm not sure what is causing the Nav to reset each time I turn the car on. Also, the voice feedback sounds gives off a loud distorted noise now.

Anyone know of any solutions or what to look at to fix this problem? Any help is glady appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:02 PM
01lightning
Unregistered
Default RE: '04 Accord Nav Problem

The nav in my 2004 Accord is also malfunctioning. The screen displays the nav logo for ~minute then goes blank, then goes back to the logo screen. This cycle will keep repeating until I shut the car off. I removed the DVD for the first time to see if it might be scratched, but it looks OK. None of the functional buttons to the right of the screen (info, audio, ac) bring the display up.

Other times when the car is first started, a green display appears stating the system is loading with a bar that shows the downloading progress. When it completes, the on/off nav logo screen appears.

Has anyone experienced this problem and how was it corrected?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Heliman
Unregistered
Default Navigation Unit

I would try a forced reset on both of these as per downloading the version of disc that is in.
If you want to try this, contact me.
Derek.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I had similar problems to both with the navi on our 2004 Acura MDX, the biggest issue was the screen displaying the logo and then rebooting. We brought it to the dealer, explained the issue. They said the whole unit needed to be replaced, giving us a ~$4,000 bill. We made a quick call to Honda of America and they said they would provide a free unit if we paid for the labor. We got a new nav unit installed for ~$400. No problems since.