General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 Accord remote door locks not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 04:05 PM
Default 04 Accord remote door locks not working

The driver's window switch on my driver's door master module of my '04 Accord EX coupe was broken and the driver's window was not reliable. I purchased a replacement (used) from Ebay and, when it arrived, I installed it. Now the windows are working but the door and trunk locks won't work from the fob. The doors do lock and unlock from the button on the door module and the trunk can be opened with the lever on the floor. The door locks also will both lock when I manually push the driver's door lock button. I tried to do a reset by disconnecting the battery and shorting the leads for 15 seconds but that didn't work. There are no clicking noises when I press the buttons on the fob either from the doors or the trunk. I have read online that the antenna for the fob is actually in the door module. Is it a separate piece or is it part of the main circuit board in the door module?
Of course the key still works on the mechanical door lock but that's not how it's 'sposed to be. :-)
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 08-12-2022, 03:30 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Try the simple things first.
Replace the battery in the key fob.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:34 AM
Smile

Thanks for the input.
I was able to reprogram the keyfob and get it to work.
Now all windows and door locks are working.
This was very similar to a problem I had (with this same car) a few years ago but, in that case, I ended up replacing the control computer mounted under the dash behind the fuse box and the armrest module.