General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 EX V6 passenger door/A post creak

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 10:38 PM
nitwit
Unregistered
Default 04 EX V6 passenger door/A post creak

Just purchased my first Honda, used '04 fully loaded - really enjoying the car after driving a truck for 3 years. However, I'm noticing a creaking noise coming from somewhere in the A post, or front of the passenger front door, or behind the dashboard, or in the corner of the windshield. I obviously haven't been able to isolate it. It is not very loud so when I'm alone in the car I usually have the music loud enough to cover the creak, but when I have clients or colleagues in the car with me it becomes very prevalent and annoying. My wife has a friend who has the same year and model and she's been chasing a door rattle ever since she got it. Anybody had this same problem and know of a fix?

Old 12-12-2006, 01:57 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 04 EX V6 passenger door/A post creak

i would have to hear the noise to try to identify it...However since your car is under warranty , ( 3 years or 36k miles ) ?? I would advice to take it to the local Honda dealer and have them try to locate and repair it.....free of charge to you ..again if less than 36k miles

Old 12-15-2006, 04:50 PM
terryshaz
Unregistered

Hi, not sure whether you have same problem as me but, I have a 2003 accord with a very unusual creaking noise coming from the drivers door/window area. I had a similar problem on another car before and just sprayed the rubber door seal, the seal on the actual body of the car that the door closes into and I also wound the window down and sprayed the rubber surround that the window closes into with the same stuff. I used a Halfords (car shop here in the UK) rubber seal silicone spray. I no longer get the annoying noise and only have to re spray every so often which is worth it in the end. Hope this helps. Regards Terry

Old 09-18-2007, 04:53 PM
lateralus
Unregistered

i have this same problem with my 97 accord EXR. At first i thought the plastic piece(covers the corner post by the windshield) was hitting something when i went over bumps...but no i didn`t notice any difference when i took it off. Today when i opened the door i noticed the hinge sort of makes the same noise that occurs. I`m thinking it might have something to do with that. Really annoying though.