General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 front blinkers mystery

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Damonerlisa
So, hey guys, I read the threads and I have the same issue....had some body work to do and replaced the headlights on my 2007 Honda Accord with after market. The amber bulb 12V21/5W DOT bulbs went out but started blinking crazy fast. Now for an average old gal...I cannot find the bulb to replace but it sounds like even if I did that it would still be an issue. NOW....what I found interesting is the relay switch being replace under steering column. Interestingly enough, I have had this mysterious ticking that comes from that area and every time I take in to the dealership they are clueless as it stops. Now I am wondering is that tied to the fact the light flashes fast? It did not do that until the after market. I do not understand the whole electrical thing and the costs to find someone to fix and do all of what you guys are talking about is crazy daunting to me. So, what do you suggest....get the alternative bulb, order the amber bulb 12V21/5W DOT and just deal with it. I am exhausted over this and frustrated.
I need a little clarification first.

1. Were both headlights (driver's and passenger side) replaced or only one side? If one side, which side was replaced?

2. The amber bulbs that went out, sounds like they still weren't replaced? Which bulb(s) is/are now currently flashing fast? One side, both sides, front, back?

3. Was the turn signal/hazard relay (located in the under-dash fuse/relay box) replaced or not?

Old 05-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Default fast blinking lights on aftermarket headlights

redbull
I have not even been able to find the replacement bulbs, they were both working but blinking fast, so I went to get replacement bulbs and came back to fine the same issue another person wrote in that the bulb did not fit the aftermarket light...the whole was not big enough...ugh...so then I replaced the 12V21/5W DOT bulbs and one burned out and the other was still going fast. I may have damaged the bulb in the process...nonetheless I have done nothing but search at the local auto stores to find the right bulb.
so to answer your questions.
1. neither replaced at this point both out.
2 Front only and not replaced yet, still searching for bulb
3 relay not replaced

Thank you for any help you can provide. Sounds like things I can do myself if it is just simple replacement, but I do have someone that will help if needed.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

1. I was asking about the headlight assemblies. Your first post mention the headlights replaced with aftermarket.

2. Advance Auto Parts stores in your area shows they have the 1157A bulb in stock.

The bulbs are dual filament; so, one or more can still be bad.

Replacement instructions images are attached.

3. After front bulbs are checked/replaced, if problem is still occurring, it may be due to the relay or wiring.

The relay is somewhat difficult to remove though, without a relay puller.

Attached Thumbnails 06 front blinkers mystery-bulb-replacement-instructions.jpg   06 front blinkers mystery-bulb-replacement-instructions-continued.jpg   06 front blinkers mystery-turn-signal-hazard-relay.jpg  
Old 02-10-2016, 06:09 PM

Old thread but someone may find it useful. Had the same problem after installing new aftermarket lights as well. Came across an article on AcuraZine about it. Apparently the bulbs pull such little power that the relay or whatever thinks a bulb is out. The solution involved pulling the signal relay under the dash, opening it up, and removing the OEM resistor with a .12 Ohms 1 watt resistor. Everyone seemed to say it solved it perfectly. I will be doing the same as soon as my resistors arrive in the mail. You can search the problem and the article should show up, I'm not sure if it's okay to post links to other sites on here. But it is on the site I mentioned earlier.