General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Accord Crankshaft Position Sensor Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Default 08 Accord Crankshaft Position Sensor Help

I wanted to see if anyone had some help or ideas on this. I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor but I am still getting a check engine light with the code p0339. Both the battery and starter are new. The sensor I replaced it with was from O'Reilly's. I am wondering if I should have used a Honda part. The problem occurs randomly. When it starts hard, the VSA light will come on and it is difficult to get past 40mph. The car can sit for a while and it starts and runs fine. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

A code P0339 means you are getting intermittent interruption of your crank signal. For any sensor code, the sensor, the wiring, or engine computer can be the problem.

If you had the same code before you replaced the sensor, then the sensor was likely not the problem. The only way to figure out what is causing the problem is to measure the signal from the sensor and see what causes it to give a bad signal. A volt meter may work, but the volt meter is only going to give you an average reading. A scope would be a better option to see the changing voltage signal, but most DIYers don't have a scope to do this. A scan tool that can read sensor data can work too.

If this was my car, I'd try to read the sensor data from a scanner to see what it looks like. Try shaking the wire harness to see if you can get that signal to change or drop out. You may be able to inspect the wire harness and the electrical connector to see if there is a place where it is rubbing through the plastic collar?