General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1993 4 door Dr window motor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 1993 4 door Dr window motor replacement

I know there have been other post about the electric window motor replacements posted, but they have been usually of a newer model accord. We have a 1993 4 door Accord that the motor/relay are all one piece. I have a replacement from the recycle yard in town but I didn't pull it so I'm looking for advise on how to take the door apart and replace the motor. Thanks H

Old 06-26-2010, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

The spooner link I posted in the online manuals thread in the DIY section has a 93 shop manual that you can download.

The inside door panel will have to be removed. You'll probably have to remove the door glass. On my 95 I had to pull the door seal and remove part of the exterior trim. Unbolted the glass and pulled it out.

I replaced mine and it really didn't take too long to do. I just followed the instructions in the manual.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Hey thanks for the help PAHonda. (Umm spooner link??)

Old 06-27-2010, 06:20 AM

Assuming this is the front door.
becareful when taking off the inside door latch/power lock mechanism. it is only plastic and easy to crack. there are 3 phillips head screws (door latch. arm rest, near door light) that must be removed and the door panel clips along the sides and bottom, just pry them carefully and they should pop off. with everything loose, slide the door latch mechanism forward while putting some pressure on it so the plastic hook on the back slides out of its hole. use a small screw driver to unhook the plastic tabs (this can be cracked if not careful) that lock door latch linkage and disconnect door lock.
door panel can be slid up to unhook it and remove electrical connectors.
you'll have to reconnect the power window to get it in position where you can unbolt it (about an inch or 2 from the bottom) there's a small access hole for the front under the plastic sheeting. all bolts under there are 10mm. if the motor is broken or without power then disconnect the motor and unbolt the assembly (about 6 bolts?) so the whole thing comes down then unbolt and remove the window
aloha