General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1993 Accord After-Market Anti-Theft

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Post 1993 Accord After-Market Anti-Theft

My '93 Accord 10th Anniversary Edition has a dealer-installed anti-theft system. No siren. The engine won't start until you push either a remote control button or a button by the hood release lever. It is now somewhat intermittent, and a pain. How do I remove/disable the system?

Old 10-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Do you know the brand and model number of the aftermarket anti-theft system?

Otherwise, take some photos of the remote and control unit; and post them.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:09 PM

redbull-1, Thank you for the reply. I do not know a brand name, so I hope these shots will help identify the type of system.

Attached Thumbnails 1993 Accord After-Market Anti-Theft-honda-antitheft-box.jpg   1993 Accord After-Market Anti-Theft-honda-antitheft-remote.jpg  
Old 10-13-2016, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

From the photos, I can not find any identifier of the alarm model, other than the FCC id: HUDRK1R, being made by URIM Corporation.

Regardless, generally, the aftermarket security control module may use a separate starter cut relay outside the unit, or incorporated inside the control module.

The thick red wire with the fuse holder may be for power to the control module. If it is, removing the fuse would disable the module.

However, the car still will not start with the module disabled due to the starter kill. Generally, the Blk/Wht wire from the ignition is cut and spliced between the alarm starter cut relay.

The thick Blk/Wht wire (black wire with white stripe) I circled with the butt connector looks to be one side of the wire I was previously referring to. Look for another Blk/Wht wire that is cut and reconnected elsewhere nearby.

To re-enable the car to start requires the two ends of the Blk/Wht wire be connected together.

Attached Thumbnails 1993 Accord After-Market Anti-Theft-honda-antitheft-box.jpg  
Old 10-27-2016, 03:43 PM

Sorry about the delayed response, as I've been out of town. The black/white wire you reference goes hot when the ignition is turned on. I have not found the other end of it yet, but I'm working on it. I could also check for a wire that goes hot only after the system is activated. Your help is much appreciated; I will let you know the result.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:17 PM

I couldn't make sense out of the voltage levels on the 6-wire connector, so I tried something easy -- removed the in-line fuse. Voila! The car now starts normally, with no trick required to un-lock the starter. Thank you for helping me get the courage to get under there an look into it.