General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1994 Honda Accord Battery and Alarm Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Default 1994 Honda Accord Battery and Alarm Issue

Hello all,

First of all, my apologies if I managed to post this in the wrong thread.

I am having some issues with reconnecting the negative terminal to my battery on my 1994 Honda Accord. I originally disconnected the terminal while I was replacing the Vehicle Speed Sensor. I finished the install and I hooked everything back up but when I went to reconnect the battery, the alarm started going off (really, really loudly). I have done a thorough search and have tried a few things, but I am not sure how to shut off the alarm. I have tried turning the key in the driver's side door (no dice) and tried starting the car (again, no dice) (The car will not start). The key fobs don't work. If anyone could help shed some light on the next step that I should take, I would greatly appreciate it! I am not sure where the alarm is located or how to deactivate it. I think it came with the car when it was purchased by my grandparents (ProLock Anti-Theft).

I acquired the car from my grandfather about 8 years ago with the key fobs. The fobs both stopped working, so I have just been using the key to lock the car from the driver's door. I haven't used it in so long, I forgot I had an alarm completely before starting to disconnect the battery, so I didn't shut it off. I am going to try replacing the battery in the fobs to see if I can get that to work, but I would be grateful for any help as I am new to this DIY/working on my car business.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Look for an alarm reset button/switch under the driver side dash. It may be directly under the dash or located near the hood release. Once you find the button, press the button while turning the ignition to Accessory or ON.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 PM

Thanks so much for the reply. Would that be this little toggle switch? I will be able to try it tomorrow once all my neighbors leave (it's too loud otherwise). Figured I would ask for the benefit of anyone else who may have this problem.

Attached Thumbnails 1994 Honda Accord Battery and Alarm Issue-valet-switch.jpg  
Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

That probably is the alarm reset switch. Sometimes, it's a button switch instead.