General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1994 Honda Accord Stall and wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:36 PM
TheEvilBain_TDB
Unregistered
Default 1994 Honda Accord Stall and wont start

Ok I have a 94 accord lx with a f22 2.2l NonVtech. After running for awhile it seems to do it more at high RPM it will stall and if you try and start it right after it will just crank and crank. I check it has spark I can feel the Main Relay and It clicks on and Off I even put a blow dryer on it to make it hot and see if that would make it stall again. When I give it a Diagnostics test the service engine light just stays on wont flash code but if I start the car it give me a code. I have a feeling its the ECU. This site here http://techauto.awardspace.com/ecu.html says

ECU Symptoms CausesNo check engine light after turning the key to ON/Bad groundBad /batteryBad supply Engine light stays on after turning the key to ON /Blown 7.5A ECU fuse/Bad sensors/Bad main relay/
When retrieving the code the CEL stays on, won't blink /ECU is bad/Shorted bulb-

I got called a liar on the honda tech forums and they say my ecu is Fine if it dont blink in SCS mode that means there is no codes. I dont know what to bellive but if I just go replacing parts Im in for some broke times ahead. Thank you so much Others say Fuel Pressure Regulator and the D-4 light isnt comming on during the test

Last edited by TheEvilBain_TDB; 08-28-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome!
Now, a bad main relay will click. It just won't energize the fuel pump. So you hear it click, but you don't say whether you hear the pump running...

Then... No stored codes, but you say when you star the car it gives you a code. WHAT CODE?

When there's no error codes, the CEL is supposed to come on solid when you jumper the SCS connector. So that doesn't point to a bad ECU.

Before you go broke buying parts that you may or may not need, fill us in on these couple issues that I mentioned.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:07 PM
TheEvilBain_TDB
Unregistered

Sorry about that. I do hear the fuel pump kick on and off with the relay and the D-4 and Cel light go on and off with it like normal. Im getting code 16 (injector problem) but all my injectors all read between .5 and .7v when its just cranking over so I dont think its the injector resister box. Can a Fuel Pressure Regulator cause this The car will just cut out at not spit and sputter just stall seems to do it and any temp and will do it at lower rpm some time too. I solderd all the main relay contacts also.
Thank you for the welcome and reply

Last edited by TheEvilBain_TDB; 09-01-2009 at 02:44 PM.