General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 accord ex: electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Default 1995 accord ex: electrical problem

So for posting it twice..didnt mean to.Hows it going...Where to start. Let me start with my headlights.,the drive side headlight keeps burning out..always have to replace it. The next my power window switch went, drive window ,but all the other switches work for the windows.The next thing is is my stereo will not turn on..check all the fuses pulled them out each and eveyone of then to see if any were blown...all good. If anyone can tell me what the problem is or could help me out with the problem id greatly apprecaite it Thx everyone...

Old 01-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 1995 accord ex: electrical problem

how could you write "didnt mean to post twice" when there are no edits to this page?

Old 01-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Default RE: 1995 accord ex: electrical problem

My window switched failed on me too, worst part is, I had them rolled down. Since your car is older than mine, you might just have the same problem as I did. After 10 years of using the windows, the control unit gets tired. This fix will cost nothing. The problem is the contacting plates in the control unit.
Take door panel off and detach the window control unit. Remove the black rubber cover. Then carefully remove the pin thats holding the driver's window switch, (carefiul, because you dont want to lose the springs, that might bounce out). IF YOU DO have the same problem I did, you will see that that contact plates are burned up, just like an old spark plug. Go head and clean it with a cutip. And put everything back together!

One thing I noticed, only the contact plates from the driver's window were burned, all others were OK. Which makes sense, it is used the most frequently. If you plug the unit back without the black rubber cover, you can see a spark everything you flick the switch.

Hope this helps.