General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Accord SE Windshield Washer

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 05:27 AM
Tref
Unregistered
Default 2000 Accord SE Windshield Washer

Hi!

I have a 2000 Accord SE ULEV and just noticed that both the windshield washer pump and the intermittent position on the wipers do not work. The regular positions (slow and fast) work fine for the wipers and they park themselves normally, but the intermittent position does nothing at all and the washer pump does not appear to be working.

I have checked all of the fuses and the wiper fluid is full. Do these two things have anything in common, other than the fact that their controls are both on the same stock (right side of the steering wheel?) I'm thinking that it might be the switch, but I thought I'd see if anyone has any ideas before I pull the switch off and get out my continuity tester (the manual I have tells which terminals to check for each position.)

Thanks in advance,
Tref

P.S. Don't know if it could possibly be related but I have had problems lately with a cell phone charger that was plugged into the 12V socket in the console blowing the 20A fuse for that socket and the radio (same fuse.)

Old 03-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Default washer pump solution- it's not the pump!

if the pump runs but there's no spray, bypass the little bellows connector at the corner of the hood. Unplug the line from the straight connector at one end and plug it into the right angle connector that goes into the fender. That bellows kinks easy once old