General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2002 honda accord LX not starting,

Old 09-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Default 2002 honda accord LX not starting,

So i have this 2002 honda accord with the 2.3 ltr engine 4 cyclinder i cant start.

In the beginning i noticed a green light flashing in the dashboard, i forgot all about it and we continuued and replaced the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, another relay, plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. All this said and done, the car would turn over fast but not start.

When you turn the key to the on position(#2) the green light on the dashboard stays solid for 2 seconds and then it starts flashing non-stop. Once you turn the key back to the accessory position(#1) it stops flashing.

The cars battery was dead when we got the car, but the funny thing is the radio still works. It didn't lose it's programming. The battery was unplugged at 1 point in time and the car was sitting for awhile. We have 1 key to the car which has a black covering on it which i thought was the starting key....

So i'm wondering, would the key lose it's programming but the radio still works?

could it be the transponder ring and if so how can i check it?
Or can it be the ecu?

The car only has about 80,000 miles on it, and also it was smacked in the front bumper cover and there is 1 gauge that is about 2 inches deep. However, when i looked inside there were no wires where that gauge is. I thought perhaps the impact could of done something to the immobolizer system???

Any thoughts, etc?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Eternal
So i have this 2002 honda accord with the 2.3 ltr engine 4 cyclinder i cant start.

In the beginning i noticed a green light flashing in the dashboard, i forgot all about it and we continuued and replaced the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, another relay, plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. All this said and done, the car would turn over fast but not start.

Any thoughts, etc?
jeez, for less than the parts' cost you could've taken it to the dealer and found out what was wrong.