General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2003 Accord Brake Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 04:44 AM
Default RE: 2003 Accord Brake Noise

Wow you got dupped. Normally break inspections are free. They didnt impose this fee to you before you let them inspect the breaks? Normally dealerships will tell you if they charge you a fee if they are checking for something and the results are negtive, before they do the inspection. Otherwise you can argue the fee. You should go to a tire shop for them to check it out, normally they check for free. Next time call in before taking the car in to see if they are going to charge you. It usually safer for the pocket that way.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:33 PM

I had the same problem with my '04 corolla actually. I changed my front rotors to cross-drilled and slotted and ceramic break pads. braking drastically increases and less noice.
What it is, is that a lot of new cars use new kind of breakpads that supposed to be good for environment, or easier to recycle or cheaper to recycle, some b.s. like that. so when they switched and started using these retarted break pads, the breaks began to squeek.
My suggestion to everyone with this problem is simple find out what break pads squeek less and change to that. ( I just don't remember what break pads they were, their material) Just go to autozone or local car store and ask, most shops should be able to tell you the material of the break pad.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:05 PM

The 03 Accord had pads with some ceramic in them. This is to reduce the amount of enviromentally dangerous material in them. They have had some trouble with them. There was an update on them cracking for awhile. I have noticed that when I checked my brakes the pads have a smooth feel to them unlike a set of older Honda pads(rough). I rough them up with some sand paper. Also my rotors seem to rust very easily. Usually they have a little rust on them every morning and make a little noise for the first couple of times I brake. I currently have a set of metalic pads from the local parts shop. They brake fine and I don't have to rough them up every so often.