General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Accord V6 cruise control problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 02:09 PM

I will try to adjust the switch as you have suggested. Many thanks for assisting with this problem. Thank your son for serving in OUR beloved United States Marine Corps as I served in the Corps for 20+ years myself. I will post back results as soon as I get a chance to try your ideas on the problem, maybe today. Again thanks.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:25 AM

Tried the adjustment of the brake light switch and it was barely pushing the plunger at all. It is a wonder we had any brake lights. I did adjust the switch so the plunger was all the way in and that did fix the cruise control problem as it works great now. Thanks so much for your insight and willingness to share. Otherwise, it would have been a trip to the dealership for who knows how much for the simple adjustment I did. Again thanks.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Good to hear.......especially when it turns out good.

We try to help

Old 08-30-2021, 02:11 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by poorman212
Sounds like the switch isn't adjusted properly....based upon the story. Again it can be tricky. The switch needs to be fully closed...plunger pushed all the way in....so it sounds like you need to "screw it into" a tad more.

Thanks for the kind words, my avatar is a picture of my oldest son just after graduation from OCS, USMC.
I want to add this to the information. People search these subjects for years and years. If your brake lights are stuck on, the switch may be fine but the rubber button had hardened and cracked and probably fallen apart. This happens after they get old. Get a new button or a small nut and bolt works great. Second . .if you have a 5 speed, there is also a clutch switch . and with the same rubber button. Don't forget to check that switch and button as well. It falls apart, the switch never gets pushed in and your car thinks your clutch is pushed in. The Cruise will not engage. Actually, no set light. The main light will light up but when you push the set, it will never happen. So new button or nut and bolt and bingo, all is well again.