General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2005 accord v6 p2647 code

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 06:22 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Rechecked all connections, and all were good. Brake lights are working so I don't think its that switch. Unhooked battery to reset computer, and all lights were off when I restarted it. After about 30 seconds the check engine light, TCS light, and triangle exclimation light came on. When those lights came on the car started idling a little rough and then wont rev passed 3500 RPM. If those lights are off, it runs smooth as butter and will rev wide open. I took the car for a little drive but once those lights popped on it was no fun because it didnt have much power, so I dont know how Im going to get it somewhere to scan it. Could this be the TPS sensor?

Old 12-25-2019, 08:31 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

TPS is a throttle position sensor. Your TCS light has nothing to do with the check engine light. You have another issue somewhere or a bad ground. There are times when the brake light switch is on its way out and the brakes work intermittent. Being that you don't have a code reader to see what codes are actually coming up I don't know if there is anything you can do. You need to see what code is being thrown. If not you're just guessing toward an unknown problem. Invest in a cheap scanner it will save you a lot of headache.

Old 12-26-2019, 05:15 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Just had a friend read the codes, using a Matco scanner. P2647 came back on the scanner. The car idles at 700 RPMs until the TCS light and triangle light comes on, at which time it goes up to about 1200 RPM. The car doesnt have much power when pulling out and hits limp mode at 3500 RPM. There were no TCS codes that came up. (1) ABS code, 51-01.

Old 12-26-2019, 05:49 PM

Looks like you need a new unit with that code. Check your relay and fuse to see if it's blown

Old 12-26-2019, 06:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Would that explain the not reving over 3500 RPM and lack of power?

Old 12-26-2019, 06:19 PM

Did all these issues happen at once or gradually happened

Old 12-27-2019, 08:59 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Seanjordan20
Did all these issues happen at once or gradually happened

It did this all at once. The car was running great, then one day my wife called and said it would barely go and the check engine light was blinking. I putted over to Advance Auto and had them scan it, thats when I discovered the p2647 code. There were no other lights on the dash, just a blinking check engine light. So I replaced the Vtec solenoid valve assembly, it came with a new sensor (it was actually one that you posted for me to buy). I changed the oil and took it for a test drive, thats when the TCS light and exclamation triangle light came on. The car was running great on the test drive until those 2 lights came on, I stopped and restarted the car and those 2 lights went off and the car ran fine. Once they came back on it wouldn't rev past 3500 RPM.

Yesterday, when we did the scan we also reset the ECU. the car was idling great for about 1 minute then the TCS light, exclamation light, and check engine light came back on and it started to idle rough at 1200 RPM and would rev past 3500 RPM. If the TCS light and exclamation mark lights are off (only after restarting the car) the car runs great, once they pop on (after about 30 seconds after restarting the car) it runs rough.

Also when they come on I hear a click in the dash, almost like a relay clicking. Maybe its tripping the TCS relay and the car goes into a safety mode (not letting it go into vtec, thus throwing the p2647 code again) because the traction control isn't working?

Old 12-27-2019, 10:17 PM

Go to the engine compartment fuse box and switch 17 with 2 and 18 with 13. See if it make a difference. It looks like you either have a ground issue or fuse issue. The ABS/TCS shouldn't trigger safe mode. Clean your ground points with a dremel or file or a wire brush. You have to unscrew and clean both the mount point and wire end. I can't really talk you through testing for an electrical issue because I use an expensive Autel that makes it easy.

Fuse diagram
https://www.autogenius.info/honda-ac...x-diagram/amp/

Old 12-31-2019, 02:53 PM
Newest Of Newbies

thanks so much for all your help. I contacted a Honda shop and told them what its doing and they said it was oil pressure related, I'm not sure I believe that.

I couldn't switch fuse 17 with 2 because 17 is a big square fuse and 2 is the little fuse. I did switch 18 and 20 and i didn't change When I start the car it idles normal, then the TCS light and exclimation light come on. When those to come on there is a click over by the passenger kick panel area and then it idles rough and wont rev past 3500. Are there relays behind that kick panel?

Old 12-31-2019, 03:04 PM

Yes but I didn't know which one it could be

Quick Reply: 2005 accord v6 p2647 code