General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2005 accord v6 p2647 code

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 03:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

These are the relays and explanations of what they are.

Attached Thumbnails 2005 accord v6 p2647 code-photo41.jpg  
Old 12-31-2019, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

This is starting to sound like a wiring or possibly a PCM issue.

If your friend's matco scanner can read live data, try looking at live data for the the voltage the PCM is reading from the Vtec oil pressure switch.

You might want to check for corroded or loose pins at the PCM connector B.

Old 12-31-2019, 06:16 PM

It is but I can't walk him through the troubleshooting part of it. The tools I would use he does not have. Hopefully his friends scanner has some testing attributes

Old 12-31-2019, 10:08 PM
Newest Of Newbies

It for sure seems electrical to me, it's just odd that it did this all at once.

-Limp mode car would barely go and had zero power (took and had scanned and got the p2647 code, replaced vtec solenoid with the new one that seanjordan posted from ebay, changed oil and filter, also new OEM gasket for the solenoid, car still did it but I let it idle for a while and it cleared)
-took for test drive after it cleared and after about 15 minutes of running great, boom TCS light and exclamation triangle light, car wouldn't rev past 3500 but still ran good)
- did re-memorization and then boom car drives with lack of power, idles rough and won't rev past 3500 RPM when the TCS light and exclamation triangle light comes on. (car idles smooth as silk when you first start it, the CEL stays on, soon as the TCS light and triangle light come on it changes idle to 1200 RPM and rough, also there is a click over by the glove box when those lights turn on)
- reset ECU by unhooking battery for 1 hour or more, no lights on, car idles smooth 1 minute(if that) later CEL, TCS, exclamation triangle and back to rough idle and not reving past 3500 RPM
- took to friend who has a Matco scanner (probably the best one they sale because he is a Matco dealer and said it costs about $4700 but he probably doesn't know how to use it well) got codes p2647 and 51-1 ABS code, reset ECU with the scanner and it did the same thing as when I reset it by unhooking the batteries.

(note CEL stays on until I reset the ECU at which time it goes off and comes back on simultaneously with the TCS and triangle lights)

I live in Bristol TN if anyone local can help in person. The local dealership are crocks and want to charge $175 an hour and I'm afraid they will be shooting in the dark. I contacted a local honda shop and they said it was oil pressure related, and that doesn't sound right to me. I believe it's electrical (sensor or relay), if it were mechanical then the motor wouldn't idle as good as it does without the TCS light and triangle lights on. I have a hard time trusting shops, and I like to do my own work.

Old 12-31-2019, 10:28 PM

I wish I was there to use that Matco. If it's one of the higher end models it's definitely enough to eliminate a few things. The click should be something grounding out or a bad relay. Which one is clicking puts me at a loss because I'm not there. I hope this thing gets figured out sooner than later.

I do understand the issue with dealerships. The only time my cars see it is for a recall and for tires/alignment I go to an auto shop all else I figure it out myself. There are some on this forum that is good enough to talk you through electrical troubleshooting, hope they chime in. I'm just not as good to explain the circuits to anyone over the internet. I use my computer for mostly everything since I spent so much money for it. It's funny because Honda's usually don't take this long to figure out an issue. I've been driving and working on accords since I was 16 (22 years) and I've have my 07 for 13 years have figured all my issues out within a day. I look at the 03-07 being the same car because hardly nothing changed. Those Hybrids can be tricky. My friends hybrid always takes me for a loop. Enjoy the NYE and we'll be here when you need us.

Last edited by Seanjordan20; 12-31-2019 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:29 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I took the glove box out and there are 4 relays on the left side of glove box area. One of those four are clicking when the TCS light and exclamation light comes on. My dad has some spare relays and we are going to change those out. Do you know what those relays are for?

Old 01-01-2020, 02:03 PM

I have no clue what those are for. You're saying you are on the passenger side and you see relays

Last edited by Seanjordan20; 01-01-2020 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:16 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Seanjordan20
I have no clue what those are for. You're saying you are on the passenger side and you see relays

Yes sir, there are 4 relays on the left side behind the glove box. From what I have found from google, the 2 on the right are the throttle actuator control module relay and the one behind it is the seat heater relay. Both of them are the same size relays. The throttle actuator relay is the one clicking, I took it out and started the car, it did the same thing except this time there was no clicking noise when the TCS and exclimation lights kicked on. I took the seater heater relay and put it where the Throttle actuator relay was and it still through those 2 lights after 30 seconds of idling. So I know now its not the relays.

I also unhooked the battery and cleaned both cable ends and the terminals really well, and checked the grounds. All the ones I could see looked good. I am thinking about limping over to the parts store and having them scan it, after I reset the ECU and the lights kick on.

Old 01-01-2020, 06:22 PM

Check your throttle body plug and sensor. I just don't believe the code and the abs is the same issue.

Old 01-01-2020, 06:23 PM

Did you check your brake switch to make sure it was good and aligned correctly. See if you can do a reset on the system. Look at the pic

Quick Reply: 2005 accord v6 p2647 code