General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 accord hybrid maintenance minder

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:40 AM
Default 2007 accord hybrid maintenance minder

this is my first time and i really hope someone can help me with this annoying problem.
I bought a second hand 2007 honda accord hybrid last year, it is a great car and everything is ok, but since i bought it the maintenance minder light is on and instead of having a number like 15 % or 50 on the maintenance screen i get a -99999 number flashing, i read the manual and it says how to turn off the minder if it was a normal number and it also says that --99999 is the maximum it will get to indicating the max number of mile past my due maintenance date,,, i guess the previous owner didn't care about resetting this minder.... i tried everything, what it says in the manual,, what other sites say, what other threads on this site say, but it seems that nothing is working,,,, the error codes it is giving are b 12
but i don't know if that really means anything real as no resetting has been done but maintenance is always carried out, and the car came with its carfax. i live in jordan in the middle east and because the car is a hybrid i got a big tax exempt and replaced my 2007 2.4 accord with this hybrid which i have to say is better on every level,, and the power is just amazing. i just wish i can get rid of this light. the honda dealership here won't touch the car even for such a minor thing as they say they didn't import these cars so they are not obligated to deal with them (they probably don't know). so if any one can help you will have helped ease a year long suffering,,,, thanks alot

Jad

Old 10-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

If the maintenance minder cannot be reset as shown in the owner's manual, it needs to be reset with HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) which is connected into the diagnostic port of the car. Since the Honda dealership where you are won't help you, I don't know what else to tell you.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:39 AM

Thanks alot for the reply,,, what i was hoping for was if there was another way, as like you said this is not possible.... i have been reading some more in the past few days and some people suggest disconnecting the car battery (the normal one not the hybrid one) they say it should reset everything,,, but i am a bit hesitant as i am affraid if i do that i may get into more trouble,,, the recomendation is to disconnect battery for 30 minutes... any thoughts on that......thanks alot

Jad

Old 10-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Be sure you have the radio code before trying this....

Old 10-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

I don't believe disconnecting the battery cables will reset the maintenance minder, as the oil life info. is stored in the ECU. Kind of like removing power from a desktop or laptop computer, certain info. remains in memory. However, you can always try and post back the result.