General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Honda Accord EX-L Radio audio dead/static/not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 03:18 AM
Question 2007 Honda Accord EX-L Radio audio dead/static/not working

My 2007 Honda Accord EX-L w/stock radio in it is not functioning right. When parked or driving the radio will let out a popping noise then static followed by a high level crazy noise. The volume button doesn’t control the issue. The only way to stop it is to turn off the radio. Originally when shutting the unit on and off it would fix itself, and now it’s progressed into more frequent, and won’t recover at all. I have searched all forums, and some have different fixes, but nothing has worked.

My car has the navigation/radio combo all stock 2007 Accord EX-L

So far I have:
Changed out the cabin fuse for the radio and the backup
Changed the under the hood fuse for the backup 40amp #15
Called XM radio and troubleshoot with them (Honda was closed)
Found a forum saying to disconnect each speaker and plug them in one by one to see what ones worded (temp fix the rear speakers being disconnected the front ones would work. This only resolved it for 2 days)

Does anyone have any suggestions? ??? I’m not cutting wires as some Forum’s suggest…. Honda seems aware of the issue, but my car has 120,000 miles on it and is out of the extended warranty (of course). Am I just screwed with a overpriced car with issues the Dealer is aware of but can’t fix?

Old 12-30-2013, 03:22 AM

Also, I should add that the navigation won’t speak to me while this mess is going on with the radio. The map will follow the directions, but the voice commands don’t work doing this time period. I’m off to Honda of Fife in the morning to see what they say, but I don’t think it will help.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:14 PM
Exclamation Going to be about $600 to troubleshoot this issue!!!

Update : I sent 2 ½ hours at the dealership today. It was$110 for a hour of labor for them to come back and say yes there is a problemand we can do one of 2things now….

1. You can take it to Car Toy’s and have them putin a new aftermarket unit….. Why would I do this when I have the EX-L withNavigation??? The whole unit has the heater and the Honda Navigation, and radiocombo. If I get a aftermarket I lose the Honda in screen options….. Who knowswhat Car Toy’s would charge.

2. I can have Honda take out the unit (included inthe $110 I’ve already spent today as a courtsey) Ship it to them and have themlook at the unit. I’ll lose my heater, and the Navationg while the radio isbeing looked at. Could be $350-$550. This also might not fix the problem they say. It could be wiring somewhere…. Howdoes this happen? I have a 100% stock car. I think I’ve replaced the tires andoil changes and headlights…. Great quality car is all I have to say Honda!Wonder if Kia people have these problems……. Wonder if the $30 in fuses can atleast be deducted from the overall bill….

My service writter did say that they had seen this issuebefore in a couple of cars, but nothing has been issued by Honda to cover therepair….. ALL AT MY OWN EXPENSE!!!! This $350 to $550 discovery/repair may ormay not fix this issue. They still might have to fix the wireing in the dash& car nothing comes with a guarentee, but good news my service writter hasnever seen a case yet that they’ve not been able to fix with this shipping myunit back to Honda at the owers expense to fix. Let’s all hope and pray thatHonda is able to fix my faulty malfunctioning stock radio. I’m so glad I boughta used stock never tampered with Honda vs going to buy a new fully loaded Kiawith 100,000 warrenty. I’m so irritated and wish everyone at Honda a very happyand properous 2014. May all your wishes and dreams come true!

Old 01-14-2014, 02:41 AM

Update 1/14/14 and still no radio or navi or heat controls. My radio is still at honda they are trying to get a motherboard to fix it. THIS SUCKS

Old 06-17-2014, 12:07 PM

Any update on this? I have the same care with the same unit with the same issue. Thx

Old 12-22-2020, 05:02 PM
Default Same Issue

Originally Posted by EX-LWA07
My 2007 Honda Accord EX-L w/stock radio in it is not functioning right. When parked or driving the radio will let out a popping noise then static followed by a high level crazy noise. The volume button doesn’t control the issue. The only way to stop it is to turn off the radio. Originally when shutting the unit on and off it would fix itself, and now it’s progressed into more frequent, and won’t recover at all. I have searched all forums, and some have different fixes, but nothing has worked.

My car has the navigation/radio combo all stock 2007 Accord EX-L

So far I have:
Changed out the cabin fuse for the radio and the backup
Changed the under the hood fuse for the backup 40amp #15
Called XM radio and troubleshoot with them (Honda was closed)
Found a forum saying to disconnect each speaker and plug them in one by one to see what ones worded (temp fix the rear speakers being disconnected the front ones would work. This only resolved it for 2 days)

Does anyone have any suggestions? ??? I’m not cutting wires as some Forum’s suggest…. Honda seems aware of the issue, but my car has 120,000 miles on it and is out of the extended warranty (of course). Am I just screwed with a overpriced car with issues the Dealer is aware of but can’t fix?
I have a 2017 having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a solution??